CHAPTER 9

Dinner became unbearable almost immediately.

Genevieve sat on the other side of Ansel and everyone was conversing naturally with each other, in particular Ansel and Genevieve who were talking about the places they've travelled to.

Akira was talking to her father, but her mind was piqued with wanting to hear every word that those two were talking about. For some reason she was now on edge with Ansel and Genevieve and not her father and Cordelia as they went on about their lives in Kansas together.

The main dishes finally came out and Akira was happy to have an excuse to not talk as much.

Everyone was having a good time and when Akira happened to look over, Genevieve was touching Ansel's bicep. A flash of anger and annoyance went through Akira that it even surprised her.

Cordelia was trying to get both women to talk until they revealed that they knew each other and that they were actually working on the same set.

"Wow, what's the show called again? I keep forgetting every time you tell me." Dean groaned,

"Desperate Detectives." Genevieve put in before Akira could and Dean thanked her.

"Well, I'm happy to know that the both of you know each other. Now there won't be hesitation in both of you becoming closer!" Cordelia stated as Dean agreed.

Genevieve laughed, nodding her head while Akira gave a tight smile.

"I'm sure we will, mom! Though Akira has always been one hard to approach if I'm being honest. You know with that tight face of hers." Genevieve said,

"That's my fault. I let her spend too much time reading and not socializing enough when she was young. Always the serious type that made the big decisions back then." Dean said, making everyone laugh.

Akira frowned as she took a deep breath and decided that she wasn't in the mood to answer any more questions or even talk for that matter. Finally, she was more than happy when they paid for the meal and got up to leave.

They stepped outside into the cool night air and Akira felt a bit better now that she wasn't stuck with everyone at the table anymore.

"Have a goodnight, Ansel! I hope we get to see each other at the set soon." Genevieve said as the valet brought her car.

"I look forward to it, Genevieve. You have quite the experience under your belt and would like to hear more about that weekend in Milan." Ansel stated, giving her a wink.

Akira's blood boiled and looked away quickly. She wanted to kill the bitch now more than ever.

Her father's rental car came next and they left first. Finally, Ansel's car came and they got in.

Throughout the entire ride Akira was quiet and didn't even try to talk with Ansel as he spoke with her. Pulling at her place, Akira was going to step out when Ansel gripped her arm and held her back.

"What's the matter with you, love? You've been quiet all night?" Ansel asked worriedly,

"Love? Oh please, Ansel!" Akira scoffed, leaning back and crossed her arms as she glared at him.

"Oh! Nothing just enjoying this lovely night with you talking with Genevieve and ignoring me all freaking night, but it's alright you know. It's not like you're my boyfriend or anything because we never actually talked about that so you can talk to anyone you want just like I can too." She went off,

Ansel raised a confused eyebrow at her and that just made her angrier.

"Akira, what are you talking about? Genevieve and I were simply talking just like you were talking your father and Cordelia. I thought tonight was for you to come to better terms with everything!" Ansel objected,

"Well, thank you for thinking about that for me, Ansel! But no, I have not come to terms with anything because of that... that Genevieve. She hates me for some unknown reason and just wants to make my life a living hell." Akira exclaimed,

"You're jealous." He noted, shaking his head.

He reached for her, but she swatted his hand away not wanting him to touch her at the moment.

"I'm not jealous!" She snapped once he grabbed her hands and pulled her close.

"Just calm down, darling. I'm only for you. I'm sorry that I didn't give you any attention tonight." He mumbled, leaning in to kiss her.

Akira pushed his face away and pulled her arm away from his grip.

"I do not need attention, you... asshole! I'm really not in the mood for any of your kisses or even seeing you right now, Ansel. I think I'd like to spend the night without you here. Goodnight." She snapped and got out the car.

Ansel called out after her, but Akira already disappeared into the building. He leaned back in the seat, wondering why she was so mad at him. Maybe he shouldn't have spent the entire time talking with just Genevieve, but she was an intellectual person who he felt he agreed with, not that he would ever leave Akira for anyone no matter who they were. There was quite no one like Akira and there never would be for him.

Giving up for the night, Ansel pulled off to go home.

Akira stomped into the house upset with Ansel only to find her dad and Cordelia cuddling in the living room. Ignoring them, she walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of expensive wine before retiring to her room for the rest of the night.

After changing into some shorts and tank top, she plopped down on the bed with the bottle in hand and control in the other. A Tyler Perry was showing and she felt better, watching it.