CHAPTER 13

A week finally passed and Alex felt more in tune with her life than ever before and it was thanks to Akira. To show her appreciation and attempt to help ease Akira's busy life, Alex helped with every little thing she could do, even though that wasn't much.

Since Akira had to awake by 5 to reach the set by 6, Alex would be up early too and make breakfast and make sure everything Akira needed was in her bag.

The coffee machine dinged and Alex whirled around to grab the glass container. She poured the coffee into the cup and mixed the milk and sugar in.

"Argh, why must I be up this early?" Akira groaned, strolling out of her room in baggy clothes with a jacket thrown over and her hair in a messy bun.

Akira looked over to the glass wall and groaned when she saw the sky still dark. She fell onto her couch sobbing.

"Well, it's almost November now, just one more week. You have three more episodes to shoot and then you'll be in chill mode for the next two months." Alex assured her,

"...About that." Akira said her voice muffled by the couch.

"The other day, Diana Pierce offered me to star in a movie in London. The shooting for the movie will begin in December so after the season finishes, I'll have to leave." Akira confessed, sitting up.

"London! Wow... for how long?" Alex asked,

"A year and a half. It will be a mega boost to my career! If I do it, I'll get plenty more offers to do more serious work. I love Desperate Detectives, but I could go so much higher." Akira explained,

"So you'll accept it?" Akira frowned and looked away.

"I'm seriously considering it." She mumbled,

They were silent for a moment before Alex stood up and moved to sit beside Akira.

"Well, I'm happy for you. This will shoot you high up in your career...though in the past week all everyone could tell me was how you played such an important role not only in the show, but in everyone's lives. Though you don't physically show it, you really do care about everyone." Alex said and Akira smiled, thanking her.

"I better get going before it's late." Akira mumbled, getting to her feet.

Alex handed her her bag and waved goodbye to her. She shut the door and sighed, looking at the empty apartment. Just as she was going into her room to sleep some more the home phone rang and she walked over and picked up.

"Hello?" Alex answered,

The other side was silent and Alex looked to make sure it was opened.

"Sorry...I didn't expect anyone to answer." A male voice said,

"Akira is usually out of the house by now and was hoping to leave her voicemail." The man stated,

"Well, she did just leave so I'm sorry to disturb your plan. Who is this by the way, maybe I can give her your message." Alex offered,

"It's fine. I'll let you go now." He said and hung up before Alex could get another word out.

~~~~

"Shit." Ansel cursed, dropping his phone.

He was home, staring out at the city from his living room. He didn't expect anyone to answer the phone, though if it was Akira that had picked up then he might have spilled his feelings out of nowhere and scare her off even more.

He got a call late last night from Diana who became a good coworker to him and told him about the offer she made to Akira. Diana spoke of how Akira was extremely talented and could get bigger roles if she accepted and he understood. He used to watch her practice her roles numerous times a day and he was captivated at how well she transitioned from her usual self to the character. He didn't doubt it for second that she'd accept the role and go off to pursue her dream.