Snippet!

"All the world is a stage,
And all the men and women merely players!
They have their exits and entrances,
And one man, in his time, plays many parts!"
- William Shakespeare

Dr Manik Malhotra, was to say, a usual thirty two year old, who unusually had the entire world revolving around him. In his brief independent career of eight years, he had taken the world of pyschiatry by storm.

Three papers on 'Analysis of Dreams', another project on 'Sigmend Freud and his theories', seven awards and many other titles adorning his name, he was the youngest, and yet, the most famous psychiatrist from AIIMS, New Delhi, and a known face in the world of psychiatry, all too soon.

Life was going pretty good for him, at least on the front the world perceived, until he was charged by one of his patient's family, for provoking suicide during his counseling leading to the death of his then patient, Aadhya Verma.

And the doom had began, for him. Though he was bailed out charge free, the black spot on his reputation had already been marked. Life, now, was only going to be tough for him.

Dr Nandini Murthy, a free spirited bundle of innocence was in her second year residency of psychiatry at KGMC, Pune, when the news of the great Manik Malhotra, under the charge had taken the news by storm

Dr Nandini Murthy, a free spirited bundle of innocence was in her second year residency of psychiatry at KGMC, Pune, when the news of the great Manik Malhotra, under the charge had taken the news by storm. She was also one of those young, ambitious people who wanted to be like him, make a name like him but now she wasn't sure enough if her inspiration had been in the right place.

Another year later , recently completing her post graduation in psychiatry, she was freshly out of med school, recruited in AIIMS Delhi, getting an opportunity to assist and learn from her idol, the king of Psychiatry, Manik Malhotra. But Nandini didn't know if she wanted to be happy about it or enraged about him being the reason of an innocent loosing his life.

 But Nandini didn't know if she wanted to be happy about it or enraged about him being the reason of an innocent loosing his life

Statistically speaking, seventy percent of psychiatrist themselves end in depression, or other mental illness. Had Manik Malhotra undergone something similar?

Or was it entirely another story?

What was in fate for Manik and Nandini, in the corridors of AIIMS, while they struggled through their lives?

Note: Merry Christmas!
This is my Christmas gift to all of you.
But there is a warning before hand. This is an Alternate Universe to MaNan, and some traits of the characters might not suit the version of Manik and Nandini you have in your mind. I am just exploring with the characters. Also, there will be certain psychiatric refrences, that I will try my best to clear out.

Do tell me if I should write it? Are you excited about the plot?