Chapter One

Jayde's P.O.V

"Today is the day," I say to myself while looking in the mirror.

I apply some natural makeup and slip on a floral shirt and black leggings with some ankle boots. I curl my long brown hair and put it in a high ponytail. I grab my car keys and meet up with my best friends, Lauren and Alice, at Tropical Smoothie. I get there and we order our drinks. We all sit at a table by the back window and the waiter brings us our smoothies. We hand him cash and talk about graduation tonight.

"I'm so excited to move out to L.A. and start recording in the studio!" Lauren exclaims.

Lauren is an amazing singer. She got solos for every choir concert and lead rolls in every play and musical. Alice isn't quite sure what she wants to do yet. All she knows is that she wants to move out and spend more time with us to get away from her crazy parents. Lauren and I keep telling her that she should be a vet because she loves animals. And then there's me. I want to be a nurse. I always have since I lost my Grandma. Everyone tried to make her as comfortable as possible. They were also very kind and I want to be able to help and save lives.

Alice looks at Lauren and sighs. Then she looks at me then sighs.

"What?" Lauren and I ask in sync.

"I'm just glad we're moving in together and hopefully staying in a cute little apartment," Alice says.

"Yeah, me too. I'm going to have to visit Daniel while we're up there also," I say.

"Why are you complaining Jayde?" Lauren asks.

"I'm not. I was just stating," I say.

"Well good because Daniel is the most dreamy guy ever. His ocean blue eyes and cute tooth gap," Lauren says looking off into the distance with a goofy grin.

Alice and I look at each other and start dying of laughter. Alice is slapping her knee and snorting she is laughing so hard. Lauren sinks into her chair and hides her face in her hands. Then she sits back up.

"You can't even deny it. They're all super cute. Just kidding they're freaking hot!" she yells.

Everyone in the cafe turns around and looks at Lauren. This time she sinks down in her chair and stays there.

"Yes, they're adorable but Daniel is my brother so he's definitely not hot," I say.

We talk for about another hour until we go home and prep for graduation tonight. I go home and take a long shower. I have my bluetooth speaker on and 'These Girls' by Why Don't We comes on. (That's the band my brother is in. It contains of five teenage boys: Daniel, Jack, Zach, Corbyn, and Jonah. I've always thought Jonah was the cute one). I start jamming out in the shower then I get out and put on some crappy clothes for when I do my makeup. I don't wanna get it on the gown. As I'm doing my makeup, I decide to FaceTime Daniel. He picks up immediately.

"Hey Dani!" I say.

"Hey Jay!" he says back, "Are you excited for graduation?"

"Yeah I am," I reply.

"What are your plans for after graduation?" he asks.

Daniel doesn't know that I'm moving out to L.A. I want to surprise him.

"I don't know," I say.

Someone taps him on the shoulder and asks if he's ready to go. He nods his head.

"Hey Jayde, I have to go but text me all about graduation later tonight," he says smiling, "Love you Jay."

"Love you too," I reply hanging up the phone.

I crimp my hair and then pull it back. I have heavier applied makeup on. I then put on a navy blue dress that goes to my knees and ankle boots. I put my cap and gown on over it. It's 6:00pm and we have fifteen minutes before we have to be there.

*15 minute time skip*

We all get to the school and we line up alphabetically. They have long speeches and finally they call us up to hand out diplomas. Graduation ends and they call us up to return caps and gowns. To celebrate, my family and I go to Red Robin for dinner.

"You ready to go to L.A?" my mom asks.

"Yep. I'm gonna miss you guys though," I say.

Then my little sister Hazel starts crying.

"I'm gonna miss you JayJay!" she says through tears.

"I'll call everyday!" I say hugging her tightly.

She smiles and nods her head eagerly.

"Be sure to say hi to Daniel and Tyler when you're there for us," Anna says.

There are six kids in my family. Tyler is the oldest. He's 23 years old and is the Why Don't We boys manager. They call him Bam Bam but he hates it. Christian is 21. Then there's Daniel and he's 19. I'm the next oldest. I'm 18. Anna is 17. Then there's Hazel and she's 11. Hazel was a surprise, that's why there is such a big gap in age between her and Anna.

"Yeah! Of course I will!" I exclaim

*2 hour time skip*

My phones rings off an alarm saying it's time to go to the airport. I grabbed my luggage and said my goodbyes to everyone. My mom and Anna drove me to the airport. I get out of the car and hug them both.

"Bye guys! I love you!" I say.

"Love you too honey! Call me when you land!" mom says.

"Okay!" I shout as I walk off.

I go inside and meet up with Alice and Lauren. We get on the plane and fell asleep the entire ride there. A flight attendant politely wakes us up saying that we've arrived to our destination. We get off the plane. It's really late so I just text my mom that we've landed. After that we go check into the nearest hotel and go back to sleep.