Chapter Seven

Jayde's POV

I walk into Daniel's room and look to see what he's doing. He's watching Netflix on his computer. I sit on the edge of his bed and fake cough. He turns around in his chair.

"Oh hey Jay. I didn't see you come in," he says.

"Can we talk?" I ask.

"Yeah sure. What's up?" he asks concerned.

"Okay, here it goes. I understand you wanting to be a good role model being my older brother and watching me all the time. But I need some freedom. I'm not gonna tell you every time Jonah and I hug or kiss. I hope you understand," I say.

Daniel's eyes widen and he takes a deep breath.

"Okay, um wow. I'm sorry Jay. I didn't know you felt that way. I'll give you some more freedom. I promise," he says.

"It's okay," I reply.

We hug each other. After we hug, Daniel smirks at me.

"What's that look for?" I ask.

"JONAH! JAYDE'S READY!" Daniel yells.

"What? Ready for what?" I ask.

Jonah comes running in and picks me up. He throws me over his shoulder. He starts running downstairs and I start laughing and slapping his back. He doesn't stop even with me kicking, hitting, and screaming. He opens the screen door and goes outside. He pulls me off of him and throws me in the pool. When I come up for air, I give him the death glare. I go to the ladder and climb out.

"I'm sorry Jay. I had to," he says smiling.

"No it's okay. Don't sweat it," I say.

Then I run over to him and give him a big hug. I let go and he's soaked with water. I laugh and then we walk by the pool. I push him in but before he falls, he grabs my hand and I fall in again. We both pop out of the water and start laughing. We get out of the pool and go dry ourselves off. I take a towel and wipe my face. Then a drop of water falls from my hair and rolls down my face. Jonah looks at me and smiles. He takes his thumb and wipes it across my face to remove the drop. I smile shyly and he looks into my eyes. He looks down at my lips and up to my eyes several times. He bites his lip and then leans in. Our faces are inches away from each other's. He kisses me. I release the kiss and look at him. We both smile and start blushing. "Jonah makes me so happy," I think to myself.