Chapter Eleven

Jayde's POV

We are all sitting downstairs on the couches getting to know Christina's cousin, Adylyn. As we're getting to know her, the front door slowly opens and Zach walks in. He stops at the door and looks confused.

"Adylyn?" Zach asks.

"Zach?" Adylyn asks.

I look over at Jonah confused and he shrugs his shoulders.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were going to visit your cousin," Zach says.

"I am. Christina is my cousin. What are you doing here?" she says.

"I live here," Zach says.

She gets up from her spot and hugs Zach. Everyone on the couches exchanges confused looks. Adylyn lets go of the hug and takes his hand and they sit next to each other on the couch.

"Um, am I missing something here?" Christina asks raising an eyebrow.

"Oh! Zach and I just met each other. He went to my track meet and we went and got lunch while we got to know each other," Adylyn explains.

"Why did you go to the track meet?" Christina asks.

"After things got heated here, I needed to clear my head and it seemed fun to watch," Zach says.

"What do you mean things got heated?" Adylyn asks.

Everyone looks at each other awkwardly.

"We just played truth or dare and Zach got upset," Christina says.

"Oh wow. Sounds intense," Adylyn says.

"Yeah it was. When do you have to leave?" Zach asks.

"Well, I was wondering if I could stay here for a week or two. If that's okay," she says.

"Yeah, of course! We're out of bedrooms but you can have my room and I'll sleep on the couch," Zach says.

"Wow, thank you so much!" she says.

She gets up and goes out to her car and gets her suitcase. She comes back in and Zach helps her upstairs to unpack and get settled.

"Well they're getting along nicely," I say giggling.

"I hope he's moving on from you. I want you all to myself," Jonah says smiling.

My face heats up and I smile. He leans in for a kiss. After the kiss, we head upstairs to get ready for bed because it's getting late. I go into my room and put on black athletic shorts and a t-shirt that says, "Is it bedtime yet?" I take my hair out of the messy bun and it's all curly and messy. I get out my brush and sit at my makeup table. I start brushing out my hair while looking into the mirror. As I'm brushing my hair, I hear a knock at the door.

"Come in!" I yell.

The door opens and reveals Jonah. He's in a baby pink muscle shirt and dark grey sweatpants. I smile big because he looks so good.

"What's up Jo?" I ask turning back to my mirror.

"Nothin much. Wanna come into my room and watch Harry Potter?" he asks.

"Jo," I laugh turning around to face him again, "Those movies are like two and a half hours and it's already like eleven."

"Pwease," Jonah says making puppy dog eyes.

I sigh.

"Fine, have it ready," I say giving into the puppy dog eyes.

He smiles big and runs out of my room. I lay my brush down and get up to go to Jonah's room. I open his door and he sitting on his bed with his laptop on his lap. He has a bag of twizzlers by his side. My eyes open wide and I flop on his bed.

"Oh my gosh! Twizzlers!" I say.

He laugh and snuggles me up beside him.

"And to think I almost passed this up. If you would've lead with, "There will be twizzlers", I would've said yes the first time," I say.

"So you'll say yes to twizzlers but not snuggling up with me to watch a movie," Jonah says pretending to offended.

"Eh I guess that's okay too," I tease looking up at him smiling.

He rolls his eyes and laughs. I snuggle deeper into his side. He smells so good. He kisses my forehead and hits play.

"Which one are we watching?" I ask.

"Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. We have to watch them in order together," he says.

I smile because it's so cute how much Jonah loves Harry Potter. About twenty minutes into the movie, I feel my eyes get heavy and I fall asleep in Jonah's arms.

Jonah's POV

Jayde fell asleep and I'm getting tired too. I close the laptop and set it on the shelf above the bed. I slide down slowly so we can lay down and be more comfortable. I finally drift off to sleep with Jayde in my arms.