Chapter Eight

Jayde's POV

I go into my room and change into dry clothes. I put on a red oversized hoodie and black leggings with mesh running up the sides. After I'm changed, I put my hair into a messy bun. I then head downstairs and turn on Pitch Perfect. I grab a blanket and sit on the couch. After a few minutes into the movie, Jonah sits beside me with a bowl of popcorn. He pulls some of the blanket over him. I look up at him and smile. He looks down at me and winks. I lay my head on his shoulder and he puts his arm around me.

Jack's POV

"I'm bored and starving," I think to myself. I take my computer off of my lap and get up out of bed. I start to head downstairs to go get some chips and a glass of water. When I'm a few steps up from the bottom step, I see Jonah and Jayde on the couch cuddling. I decide to go upstairs without my chips so I don't "ruin the moment." As I'm heading down the hallway, I pull out my phone and start scrolling through Instagram. I suddenly bump shoulders with someone and I drop my phone.

"Hey! Watch where you're going!" I say angrily.

I look up to see Alice.

"Sorry. I was on my phone and wasn't paying attention," Alice says handing me my phone.

"No it was all my fault. I'm really sorry," I apologise.

"It's fine," she says smiling shyly.

"So uh, do you wanna hangout?" I ask.

"Yeah. It's kinda boring around here. What do you want to do?" she asks.

"We could play a game, watch a movie, go out for the day," I suggest.

"I'm down for a game of Monopoly," she says.

"Okay," I say smiling.

I get to hangout with the prettiest and funniest girl here. I go into out giant game closet. It is full with and and every game you can think of. I grab Monopoly and go into my room. She follows and we set the game up on the floor. We played and got to know each other. This is one of the most fun things I've done in a while.

Daniel's POV

I was in my room working on some songs. I was writing lyrics and figuring out the chorus and verses. As I'm crinkling up a piece of paper with lyrics that I didn't like, I hear faint singing. It's one of the girls. I get up to go find the beautiful voice. I open up every door down the hall. Then I see at the very end of the hall, the recording studio door is cracked open. I peak in and Lauren is sitting in the booth. She has headphones on and she singing into the microphone while playing the piano. I run back into my room so I can record her so I can send it to our record label to show off her talent. I run back to the cracked door and start unlocking my phone. As I'm trying to unlock my phone, I drop it. It makes a huge thud and Lauren comes to the door and opens it all the way to find me.

"Daniel? What are you doing?" she asks.

"Oh, I dropped my phone," I say nervously.

"Why were you by the door?" she asks.

My eyes widen and I try to come up with an excuse.

I look at the fern by the door.

"I was coming to water the fern," I lie.

She looks at the fern. She touches it and rolls her eyes.

"Daniel, you're lying. I know you are," she says.

"What! No I'm not," I say.

"One, you don't have anything to water the fern with. And two, it's fake," she says.

I let out a deep sigh.

"I heard singing. I wanted to record you so I could show you to our record label. You have a beautiful voice and I just wanted to help," I explain.

Her face turns bright red and she smiles.

"Do you want to help me finish writing this song? I have a meeting with a record label in a few days," she says.

"Woah! That's so cool. Of course, I would love to help," I say. We go into the studio and she starts singing. I strum the guitar and she plays the piano. I help with some harmony and some of the lyrics. I'm truly in awe of this girl. She's the girl of my dreams.