Chaos Blast: Part 2

"Oh no." Knuckles groaned.

Sonic only stepped forward, a smirk still on his face despite the gloomy environment around them and helped the grumpy echidna up. Knuckles mentally prepared himself for what came next.

"That's a new look, Knux. How's that working out for you?" Sonic snickered, just barely attempting to not burst out laughing at the outrageous looking echidna. Sonic's teasing had lightened the mood a bit, but the guardian was shooting looks that could kill torwards the blue blur.

"Ha ha. Very funny. You should try looking in a mirror for once." Knuckles shot back, crossing his arms and turning his back on the humorous hedgehog.

"Come on, Knux. You know I was just messing with you." Sonic rolled his eyes. He walked next to Knuckles and nudged him with his elbow.

"But now is neither the time nor the place! At least tell me you have a plan to defeat this hunk of junk!" Knuckles barked, pointing to the Egg Dragoon.

"Of course we have a plan! I'll let Tails explain." And with that the blue hedgehog was off, creating a slight breeze that gently waved Knuckles' spines.

Sonic looked back to see a stunned echidna, unmoving. He rolled his eyes and spin dashed the nearest badnik to bits.

That seemed to snap the dazed echidna out of his trance.

Sonic? Plan? For some reason, the two words just didn't seem to mix. But that didn't stop Knuckles from wanting a piece of the action.

The badniks, who had been standing still the entire conversation, charged at the red echidna. Knuckles put up his fists and smirked.

"Finally! Some action!" he grinned wildly.

As two of the robots neared him, they "wondered" why the red creature hadn't moved an inch until they were met with a spiked fist, crushing them into oblivion. A third badnik revved up from behind, with Knuckles just barely rolling out of it's path. He growled as more of the wilting grass stuck to his spines.

My turn. Knuckles thought, a smile returning to his face.

He then bounded toward the remaining robot and with a single punch, turned it into shrapnel. The hot-headed echidna looked around and noticed that Sonic had taken care of most of the robots.

"That was too easy. Come on, Eggman! Don't you have any real challenges?" Knuckles taunted a rather flustered looking human.

Eggman growled and turned his attention to a big red button on his dashboard. He was glad he told his robot apprentices, Orbot and Cubot, to stay at the lair or those idiots might've pressed the button already!

When the button was pressed, all that was heard was a whirring sound. Then, out of the bushes came a new type of robot, one to be known as the Egg-bot.

The Egg-bot was, as it's name suggests, shaped as an egg. It's arms were replaced with missile launchers and it had thin metal legs. It's face was designed to look like it's creator (poor thing) with a metal mustache and glasses that seemed to stare at something beyond its reach. It wore a creepy smile, the same exact smile the doctor wore on his lips.

The only thing odd about this new contraption was it's inhumanely, large red feet that matched the bottom half of the robot. It was supposed to look like Eggman's weird attire, but it looked more like trousers than anything else.

If you're having trouble imaging this monstrosity, I drew up a picture: