Kidnapped

'How did I let (F/N) talk me into this?' I groaned quietly.

We were currently sneaking around the fence, trying to find a way in.

It was pitch black. Exactly 10 o'clock at night. The sky was blanketed in tiny lights and the moon was high.

Overhead, helicopters flew by with searchlights sweeping over the area. And at each corner of the barbed wire fence was a tower with a lookout.

The guards were stone faced, no amount of emotion showing at all. Every single guard had a gun, whether it be a pistol or a rifle. Each obstacle had to be carefully avoided or we'd probably end up being caught.

I kept glancing at (F/N) as he/she lead the way, a flashlight in hand to light the path.

A few paces later, we heard the footsteps of G.U.N officers. (F/N) clicked the flashlight off as the guards neared. We held our breath, hoping that any small movement wouldn't attract the guard. Every second dragged by until the guard's footfalls finally faded.

We sighed in relief and kept moving forward. We couldn't stay still for long in fear of being caught

For some reason, we decided to wear black during this operation, though I was grateful for it. It had saved our skins several times. If we had been wearing any other color, we would've been caught.

After a few more minutes of searching, we finally found a hole in the fence. We carefully crawled through and stood up. I brushed away any dirt on me before looking up to survey the area.

It was a construction site with piles of dirt and gravel nearly everywhere. Cranes sat in park with their hooks swaying ever so slightly. Several dilapidated buildings were slowly crumbling apart even more. There was also an unhealthy amount of dust in the air. I had to quickly swallow a cough making its way up my throat.

"Huh. I kinda expected more." (F/N) said, taking in the nearly barren area.

"Wait, do you hear that?" I paused, listening more intently.

"What?" He/she whispered.

I quickly pulled (F/N) behind a nearby demolished building.

"I'm telling you, this is where the energy output ends! It's like it mysteriously disappeared!"

We peeked our heads out from behind the building.

In a clearing was a strange rotund man in some sort of hovercraft talking to a 3'3" anthropomorphic black and red striped. . . hedgehog?

"Well, doctor, I suggest you find a lead quick. Otherwise, this whole trip would've been a waste and our deal would be off." The hedgehog spoke. His voice sent shivers down my spine.

"Now, now Shadow. You wouldn't want to walk out on our deal now. You still need those journal pages. If you back out now, your past will just be left forgotten."

The hedgehog --now known as Shadow-- grunted.

I leaned forward. What energy? The energy spikes? Why were they looking for the energy spikes?

I stepped a bit closer.

*Clang*

I froze.

I had just made the biggest mistake ever.

I kicked a can.

"Who's there?!" The man bellowed as his floating vehicle whirled around in our direction.

He swiftly caught sight of me and
(F/N).

"Shadow, CATCH THEM!!!" He shouted.

The hedgehog nodded and pulled out of his quills a. . . green emerald?