Meeting New Friends: Part 2

I blinked in confusion.

My head felt like a blank slate, completely empty and devoid of memories that I know should've been there. Just a void of nothingness. Nothing that related to me seemed to come up at all or even ring a bell.

Which felt wrong. I know for a fact that something should've been there, but there was. . . nothing

It felt like I was waking up for the first time in a while, though the grogginess of waking up was missing.

It was like chains had suddenly released me from their hold. Like I was finally wandering out of the shadows.

I felt. . . free.

I stared at the mirror, trying to piece together this annoying yet confusing mental puzzle.

A (f/c) (a/t).

It didn't ring a bell.

'Who are you?'

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted when the door opened up with a creak. I literally jumped out of my skin at the noise before recollecting myself and scrambling behind the opening door, out of this newcomer's sight.

I pressed myself against the wall as far as I could, holding my breath tensely.

I heard a young girl's voice. "Hello, are you- Hey! Where'd she go!?"

''She?' Is she looking for me?'

My grip on the wrench tightened. This girl sounded young, maybe 11 or so. I didn't want to have to do this, but I was not willing to go back to that maniac of a doctor.

The girl stepped into the room quickly, closing the door behind her. She appeared to be a bit panicked and it made me feel a tad bit bad for what I was about to do.

She was pink in color, but I couldn't tell what she was. She wore a pretty red dress with a white strip on the edge. The dress had no sleeves and even exposed some of her back a bit. Just underneath the dress, a little pink tail was poking out. From what I could see, her boots were also red with a vertical white strip going down the middle of it.

A little red headband sat atop her head, right behind two triangular ears. Her arms, however, were not pink like the rest of her body. Instead, they were a peach color. Lastly, gold ringlets were worn on her wrists and she also wore milky white gloves.

I quietly snuck up behind her, my wrench raised high above my head.

I think I might've been spotted because the girl gasped, swiveling around swiftly to face her attacker.

She screamed.

Loudly.

Wincing from the pitch of her voice, I quickly whacked her in the head with my weapon, wanting to be relieved from the sound that was invading my eardrums. Her scream abruptly stopped, being substituted with the sound of a body hitting the floor. The hit was hard enough to knock her out cold. I sighed in relief.

But that relief was quickly replaced with panic when I heard the sound of rapid footsteps coming this way.

Someone was coming!

I cursed myself for not taking care of the girl anymore quickly.

Doing the same thing I had done before, I hid behind the door again, gripping the wrench tightly, like a baseball player would hold a baseball bat as they got ready to swing.

What came next was unexpected.

The door literally flew from its hinges, flying across the room as several wooden splinters exploded from the door. It hit the wall across from it, falling to the carpeted floor with a loud thump.