Introducing Dark Sonic

Sonic's eyes widened as he watched the (a/t) writhe in pain. The emeralds were blinking rapidly, nearly blinding those who watched.

"What are you doing, Egghead?!" Sonic shouted.

"Well, Sonic, I am merely doing what any good scientist would do. Experimenting. I am forcing the energy of the Chaos Emeralds into the (a/t)'s body. She will be my ultimate weapon and obey my every command!" Eggman cackled.

Sonic's ears pinned themselves to his head as the screams got louder.

He couldn't take it. He couldn't bear her screams any longer.

Sonic immediately hopped up and curled in mid-air, spin-dashing into the glass as hard as he could. The strong glass merely deflected the attack like it was nothing.

The azure hedgehog landed on the ground with a dropped jaw. How had he not been able to penetrate the glass?! His quills were known for busting the hardest of metals, so how was the glass not broken at all!?

"Oh ho ho ho! Like the new design, Sonic? I created this glass with your special abilities in mind. Not even the echidna will be able to break this glass!" Eggman sneered, completely ignoring the pained screams of the
(f/c) (a/t) in the background.

Sonic grit his teeth in frustration. Without any way to break the glass, Sonic had no way of saving the girl from the obvious torture she was being put through. He never thought Eggman would go as low as torturing someone to get what he wanted. (Dude, have you even heard of Sonic Forces or Sonic Unleashed?)

Blue quills raised slightly, an instinctual move all hedgehogs make to make themselves seem more intimidating to a predator. It was a feral instinct that had been passed down through their genes from their hedgehog ancestors. Even Shadow did it (even though it was slightly less obvious due to his already raised quills).

Too bad this predator wasn't going down without a fight.

"Oh, am I getting under your skin, Sonic?" The maniacal doctor mocked. He had never seen his nemesis so riled up before. And over some stupid (a/t) girl! It was a spectacle that truly entertained the human.

Sonic let out an uncharacteristic growl before quickly hiding it with a smirk. "Heh, I don't think so, Eggman." The doctor's name was growled out a bit, but it went unnoticed by Eggman. "So are you going to cooperate or am I gonna have to send you back to the trash heap where you belong?"

"I don't think I was quite finished, hedgehog." Eggman glared down at Sonic, stroking his mustache meticulously.

Suddenly, the doctor pushed a much smaller, slightly unnoticeable button on the Egg Dragoon's dashboard.

The arm of the Egg Dragoon lunged out, scooping up all of Sonic's friends in one fell swoop.

"SONIC!" Amy cried out with all her might, squirming in the grasp of the huge robot. The other two Mobians winced from the sheer pitch of her voice, also struggling to escape from the Egg Dragoon's hold.

Sonic gasped when he heard the pained yelps of his friends (Knuckles drawing in a sharp intake of breath) as the battle mech's fingers tightened its grip on the trio of anthros.

"So what's it going to be, my spiky blue nemesis? The (a/t)? Or your friends?"

"Sonic, save her! We can handle this!" Tails strained out, failing to reassure Sonic as the metallic fingers pressed into his ribs, causing him to yelp.

Sonic's eyes landed on the now unconscious form of the (a/t) laying in the containment cell. He didn't even notice that the Chaos Emeralds and Master Emerald had dulled out, a stark contrast to their original colors.