Chaos Blast: Finale

The air was tense as Dark Sonic and Eggman stared each other down, the former growing more and more impatient with each passing second while the latter stared in fear and awe.

"Are you quite done gawking at me?" Dark Sonic snapped, finally having enough of the silence. "I have better things to do than sit around and have a chat with a senile, old man."

"I'm not that old!" Eggman screeched.

Dark Sonic chuckled. "Denial is the sweetest form of reassurance."

Even as his dark persona, Sonic still cracked jokes. That just seemed to be an irreplaceable part of him that wouldn't go away no matter how many times you try to decimate it.

Eggman, on the other hand, was not so partial to the hedgehog's jokes.

"That's it! I've had enough of you!"

Eggman smashed the same button that had captured Sonic's friends, his mustache suddenly frayed. It was weird, but whenever the doctor was angry or upset, his mustache would poof up. It was as if someone had rubbed a balloon all over his mustache. Looked like Sonic wasn't the only one who had instinctual traits passed down to him.

The Egg Dragoon's other hand shot out to grab the transformed hero.

Dark Sonic only smiled.

In one swift movement, he had caught the mech's fist with one hand, the other covering his mouth in a mock yawn.

"This is your ultimate weapon? Don't make me laugh." The navy blue hero chuckled darkly, his dark aura flaring up around him.

"H-how about we t-talk about this, S-sonic?" Eggman weakly suggested.

"There's nothing to talk about."

In a snap, Dark Sonic tore off the limb being held and threw it into the treeline. Bark exploded in every direction, many leaves spiraling to the ground. The mech's arm had destroyed several trees. And all of that from just a simple toss!

Eggman gulped. He suddenly realized that this Sonic was very different from the one he was used to. He might have to start thinking about his own wellbeing, seeing as this Sonic was actually willing to physically harm him.

For the first time ever, Eggman found himself wishing for the return of the annoying pincushion.

Then, in a flash, Dark Sonic was gone.

Eggman searched around frantically. "Come on out, Sonic! I still have your friends!" He shouted, desperately trying to gain some form of leverage over the dark hero.

It was silent for a moment.

"It's a shame, really."

Eggman whipped his head around to face the source of the dark voice.

Dark Sonic sat atop The Egg Dragoon's cockpit Indian-style, chuckling to himself.

"I came here for a battle, but all I get is a kitten fight."

Eggman fumed. How dare he!? Just because he was all hyped up in his new form, he thinks he can act like he's better than everyone?!

'We'll see about that!'

"Well, let's test out that theory then!" Eggman snarled.

He pushed the button that seemed to be the button that controlled the arms, the arm letting go of the dark hedgehog's friends while simultaneously lunging out for said hedgehog.

Sadly, Eggman had apparently forgotten that Dark Sonic could teleport.

The hand quickly clasped around thin air.