School

I grabbed my (f/c) backpack and headed for the front door. I opened it up, greeted by the spring warmth, and quickly double-checked the lock to see if it was indeed locked.

I sighed in relief. It was locked. The door softly clicked as it was shut and I made my way to school.

School.

What do you think about when someone mentions school?

I personally don't mind it, but I do have my off days. I would rather spend my time doing something I actually care about. I am grateful for the teachers who have to give up almost their whole day teaching bratty kids about some boring subject. Plus, they have to put up with the kids who think they run the school.

News flash, they don't.

But I just don't see the point in trying to shove knowledge into our brains about something we don't care about. I appreciate all the schools have done for me over the years, but I'm not going to waste my life away doing experiments in some cooped up lab. (No offense to anyone who actually wants to become a scientist when they're grown up)

I like fantasy. Exploring different worlds that no one has ever dreamed of. My dream is to someday visit a whole new world entirely. Sound impossible? That's because it is. There is no such thing as other worlds. It's just... reality. Cold, harsh reality. That's what you get if you keep your head in the clouds. And one day, it's going to bite you in the butt.

For me, life is pretty bland. I'm just going through the motions. In other words, I'm running on autopilot. Life is just 'meh'. There's no point. There's no life.

When I was younger, I was an adventurer. I had this certain spark in me that craved for action and thrill. Once, I dressed up in a red, short sleeved dress with a hoodie attached and I tied a piece of string to a bent stick as a bow. I guess I had watched Robin Hood or something. I had then climbed a tree in our backyard and pretended to shoot sticks from my "bow" at imaginary animals.

Guess what happened next.

I fell.

Luckily, the tree wasn't too tall so there wasn't any major damage. Just some scrapes and bruises on my knees and arms.

I chuckled at the memory. Ever since then, my aunt's been wary about my tree climbing adventures. She still allowed me to climb trees, but she was always by my side in case anything were to happen.

From then on, I had developed a sort of fear of heights, though I would never out right admit it. I still loved climbing, but if I feel like I'm too high off the ground, my anxiety goes into over time.

A loud ring impinged my thoughts, causing me to look up. I hadn't even realized that I had made it to school.

I shrugged. I must've been so out of it that I hadn't even noticed.

Crowds of teens all sat or stood on the front steps. Chatter filled the air. The atmosphere was very vibrant, though I wasn't really affected.

Walking up the front steps, I quickly picked out a hand waving from the crowd of students.

"(Y/N)! Over here!" (F/N) called to me.

As soon as I had reached him/her (I'll let you pick ;P), he/she asked, "So how was your weekend?"

"Eh. It could've been better, it could've been worse." I shrugged. "I didn't really do much aside from laze around with my head in the clouds."

(F/N) raised a brow. "Oh? What were you thinking about?"

"Anything and everything, I guess." I replied.

"Any more of those nightmares?" he/she asked, genuine concerned etched onto his/her face.