Mutagen Man Unleashed

Cleo's POV:
I was in my English class and since I have school with April, who still haven't talk to me, I'm usual happy to see her. But with everything that's been going on, now I'm pretending I never knew her. I look outside the window and saw the flag as I concentrate on it, secretly practicing my telekinesis on it.

*Flex!*

I smirked as the flag moves by my power; it looked like it was just the wind blowing it. "Cleo?" I turn away from the flag and window, and towards my teacher, Ms. Wilmot, a kind woman in her mid-30s. "Did you bring your favorite poem?" "Yes, Ms. Wilmot." I said, I got up as I grabbed my notebook, which is already opened to the page of where my poem I wrote, I walked up to the front, and stood in front of the class and began to read my poem out loud.

A Wing And A Prayer by Michelle Butler

Under the wing of an angel, we feel protected,
Through prayers to God, we feel connected,

Peace is said to be offered on the wings of a dove,
Prayers can bring peace along with hope, faith, and love,

Wings of a jet plane provide steady flight,
I pray you remain steady and strong through this fight,
Butterflies have wings to fly playfully free,
And free from this monster is what I pray you'll soon be,

Birds spread their wings as they may leave their nest,
We're spreading our prayers that you'll always be Blessed,

Go fight and win this battle you didn't start,
On the wings of an angel and prayers from my heart.

Everyone and Ms. Wilmot clapped for me, even April clapped for me. "That was beautiful, Ms. Hamato." Ms. Wilmot said, "Thank you." I said, smiling at her and went back to my desk. "Since everyone finished their poems and there's only a few minutes left until the bell rings, you all can have some free time." Ms. Wilmot said. I would look out the window and practice my telekinesis on the flag again, but for some reason, something isn't letting me.

I didn't pay attention to anyone; I only listen to some of the students who are laughing at the joke one of their friends said to them. I began to drown their laughter in as I block April out, knew she was looking at me as I look at my desk, beginning to hear voices and see visions. I saw a girl with blonde hair and brown eyes in a towel, crying and screaming for help in the girls' locker room shower area. I also see the girls laughing cruelly at her, chant "Plug it up!" as they throw pads at her while one of them was recording a video on her phone. I glare slightly at my desk as I heard the poor girl screaming, crying, begging for help.

They disgusted me, it makes me wanna hurt them. Makes me want to twist their bodies like pizza dough and crack their skulls like an egg. I don't know why I thought of that, but it just made me. And that something about that poor girl wants me to protect her from those awful people who bullied her. The school bell rang as it snapped me out of the trance I was in, making me blink a couple times.

Everyone grabbed their things, got up and left the classroom. How long was I in that trance? I look at my ruler in my binder and my eyes widen in surprise when I saw it was bended and twisted. I slowly closed my binder, moved it and was shocked to see a big crack across my desk. Shoot! I accidentally use my telekinesis! I look around, luckily no one saw it, and I quickly grab my binder, and left the classroom. 

After school, I make my way to the sewers, after making sure no one saw me and arrived back to the lair, I went back to my room to put away my school things and switched my normal clothes to my kunoichi uniform. I walked out and heard a voice, "Hey Cleo!" I jumped and turned. Mikey was sitting in the pit in front of the TV next to a small box whose contents I couldn't make out. I settled down and grinned at him. "Hey Mikey, whatcha doin'?"