Fungus Humungous

A/N: Now, before we begin, I wanna warn you guys that this chapter gets a tiny bit graphic and gory. I'm sorry if it sucks so bad, so please go easy on me because this is my first time writing a chapter that has some horror in it and I'm not used to writing a horror story, let alone a horror chapter.

So tell me what you think and how to make it better in the future when I edited this chapter. Hope you guys enjoy and Happy Halloween!

(-)

Cleo's POV:
It was another day in New York, I'm hanging out with April and Casey, we just got back from hanging out at the arcade and let me tell ya; it was a lot of fun! We played arcade games, bowling and did some karaoke. I wish the guys can join us but given their situation, it was hard for them to go with us. I really wish there was a way for them to come up to the surface during the day without people screaming and freaking out when they see them.

After we left the arcade, we sat on the bench with people walking by them, waiting for them to leave so we can go to the lair. So, to pass off the time, April and I play some music on our phones while wearing earphones, while Casey reads a comic book. Of course, April and I left one earphone in one of our ears so we can still listen to our music, but we can still hear and talk to each other.

"You know, Casey, it's awesome having someone else who knows about the turtles. I had, like, no one to talk to, 'specially after dad turned into a mutant bat." Casey smirked, "What about Blondie?" he asks. I rolled my eyes and gave April a pretend hurt look, "Yeah April, what about moi?" I ask as April playfully rolled her eyes, "Cleo's more than my friend. She's a little sister I never had." April explains, putting her hand on my shoulder.

I gave her a smile. "Gotta admit, the whole thing's pretty mind-blowing. Bunch of ninja turtles living in the sewers with their rat Master? I mean, you couldn't make this stuff up." "Yeah, it's not easy not to tell anyone that you grew up in the sewers with a giant rat and four giant turtles as a family, I'll tell ya that." I said as the people around us finally starting to leave.

"Coast is clear." April said once everyone is gone. "Let's do this." Casey said as we got up from the bench and I opened the manhole cover, "So, what's with the mask?" I asked, "It's not like my brothers don't know who you are." "Same reason people have worn masks throughout history. Cause it looks cool." He said as he puts on his mask, I gave April a look before I climb down the ladder with April and Casey following behind me.

"Ugh. Doesn't help with the smell, though." He replied. We finally reached the bottom as I landed on my feet in the sewage and got out of the way so April and Casey can get down too. Casey sniffed and groans in disgust as he said, "Ugh. Disgusting. How can you two stand it?" "I had to live down here for weeks. You get used to it." April said. "And you're talking to the girl who grew up in the sewers for 14 years. I'm already used to it." I said with my hands on my hips.

"Sick, dude." Casey said, covering where his mouth would be if he wasn't wearing his mask. The bad smell got to me as I sniffed, and I gagged as I covered my mouth and nose. "Now that you mention it, it does smell badder than usual." I said, trying not to throw up, "Ugh! What is that?" "Ugh. I don't know," April said in disgusted, "it smells like moldy cheese and puke." We heard a scream and turned to see the sewer worker Leatherhead scared months ago running towards us, looked really scared, "Squirrel! Giant mutant squirrel!" he screams, running past us.

"Oh no, don't tell me the Squirrelaniods are back?!" I exclaimed, April and Casey looked at me confused, "Squirrelaniods?" "It's a long story, let's just say you missed a lot while you were gone." I said, "I'll tell you later, come on!" We chase after the man. However, he was gone. The dude sure runs fast. "Where'd he go?" Casey asks before calling out, "Hello? Crazy dude?" We walked ahead to try to find the sewer worker. "Something's wrong." April said, I gave Casey a look of worry and caution, which he returns the same look to me. April looks inside of one of the pipes, only to be hit by some shoots some kind of yellow powder in her face.