{2} "Bitch."

***

***

Emma, Regina, Sheriff Graham, and I are all in Henry's room. Regina and the Sheriff had agreed to Emma's terms so now we were trying to find Henry. Emma sat in front of Henry's computer with the Sheriff beside her. I looked over her shoulder as she checked his inbox. It was empty, "Smart kid. Cleared his inbox. I'm smart too, a little hard disk recovery utility I like to use." Emma showed the small device to us.

"I'm a bit more old-fashioned, in my techniques. Pounding the pavement, knocking on doors, that sort of thing." Sheriff Graham explained.

Emma sighed, "You're on salary; I get paid for delivery," Slowly all of the emails started to undelete themselves. Pounding pavement is not a luxury that I get. Ah, there's a receipt for a website, whosyourmomma.org," Emma looked at the email, "It's expensive. He has a credit card?"

Regina scoffed, "He's ten."

"Well, he used one somehow," I said while looking at the computer.

"Let's pull up a transaction record," Emma clicked it and it showed the card information, "Mary Margaret Blanchard, who's Mary Margaret Blanchard?"

Regina glared at the computer, "Henry's teacher."

***

I waited outside of the classroom while Regina and Emma talking to Mary-Margaret. After a while, Regina walked past in a huff. The conversation probably didn't go to her liking then. I walked into the room to see Emma helping a dark-haired woman pick up books. I rushed over and started to help them. "Sorry to bother you." Emma apologized. The books falling must have been Regina's doing.

"No, it's--it's okay, I fear this is partially my fault," Mary-Margaret said. She glanced over at me, "And you are?"

"Um, I'm her," I point over at Emma, "Sister."

Mary-Margaret nodded and Emma asked, "How's a book supposed to help?"

Mary-Margaret stood up, "What do you think stories are for? These stories? The classics?" She placed the books down and Emma and I stood up. "There's a reason we all know them. They're a way for us to deal with our world. A world that doesn't always make sense. See, Henry hasn't had the easiest life." The three of us walked out of the classroom.

"Yeah, she's kind of a hard-ass," Emma said.

Mary-Margaret shook her head, "No, it's more than her. He's like any adopted child. He wrestles with that most basic question they all inevitably face: why would anyone give me away?" We stopped and Mary-Margaret realized what she said, "I am so sorry. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean in any way to judge you..."