{6} John Doe

***

***

 Emma and I sat with Henry at his castle. He had told us that he had some important information for us. So here we were in the middle of the cold afternoon. I still couldn't stop thinking about the time I spent in the space hotel. It was all that was on my mind since I came back. Was it actually a dream? Or was it real like the people there kept telling me it was? I just had no clue what to do or think. I didn't dare bring it up to Emma because I knew that she would just think that I had gone crazy.

Henry opened his storybook to a page with a man, "I found your father—Prince Charming." That was certainly an interesting way to start a conversation. Definitely an unexpected way, but an interesting way all the same.

"Henry..." Emma trailed off. This would be hard for me to believe if I wasn't just in a hotel full of your worst nightmares a day ago. This almost seems normal to me now. Wow... What had my life come to?

"He's in the hospital, in a coma," Henry pointed something out to us in the book, "See the scar? He has one, too."

This part just sounded like a coincidence to me, "Henry, a lot of people have scars. It's not that big of a thing." I had about two scars. One from when I hit my head on the edge of a table and the other from when I accidentally cut myself with a pair of scissors. As you can tell, I'm very clumsy.

"In the same place," Henry stated. "Don't you see what this means? The curse is keeping them apart with the coma. Now they're stuck without each other," That sounds lonely. "We have to tell Miss Blanchard we found her Prince Charming."

Emma was unconvinced as per usual, "Okay, kid. Telling someone their... Soul mate is in a coma is probably not helpful. Not having a happy ending is painful enough, but giving someone unrealistic hope is far worse."

"It cuts deeper than most things would," I said as I thought back to those times in my life when I was given unrealistic hope. Emma and I knew better than anyone how that felt. We had been told multiple times by foster families we had that they wouldn't send us away. They had given us false hope. They always sent us away.

"But what if I'm right?" Henry asked. "We know who they are. Now they have to know."

"And how do you intend to make that happen?" Emma inquired.

"By reminding him. We have to get her to read their story to John Doe. Then, maybe, he'll remember who he is." Henry suggested. Well, it doesn't sound like the worst idea. I saw Emma looking over at me and I nodded.

Emma took a deep breath, "...Okay."

Henry was surprised, "Okay?"