6 // friendly Visits

Chapter 6

"Fight me, hoe!" Taehyung shouted fiercely to his friend.

"Nah, I'll pass." Jeongguk said and went back to checking his phone.

"I said, fight me, hoe!" Taehyung shouted again and stood in his fighting stance. One of his arms was above his head, the other straight out in front of him. His body was facing slightly sideways.

Jeongguk was sitting on the blue chair in the corner of the room and didn't care that his friend was trying to have a battle. Jimin was laying down in bed, giggling at his friends.

Taehyung, trying to provoke Jeongguk, leaned forwards and hit the boy lightly on the head, then returning to his attacking stance. Jeongguk just lifted his head up, stared at his face and then looked back down to his phone.

"Why won't you fight me?" Taehyung whined to his friend, a sad expression on his face.

"I can't be arsed." Jeongguk said smiling.

Taehyung defeatedly dropped his weird pose and plopped down on the hospital bed. He smiled towards Jimin and continued to annoy Jeongguk by making weird noises.

It was now evening, Jimin and Taehyung had spent the whole day in hospital. Jeongguk had joined them just after lunchtime. Jimin hadn't eaten at all because he wasn't allowed to. Taehyung, on the other hand, had gone out to buy food and returned to rub it in Jimin's face. 

Just before Jeongguk arrived, Jimin had a small panic attack that didn't last very long. Thankfully, Taehyung had managed to calm him down.

"So Jimin..." Jeongguk started, looking at both Taehyung and Jimin.

"Yeah?" Jimin asked. Jeongguk's eyes were pleading to Taehyung for him to continue.

"Do you mind telling us what happened exactly? You don't have to, but y'know... we wanna know why you overdosed. You should tell us because we're your friends, but if you don't, that's fine. But you should... But you don't have to... But-" Taehyung said nervously, getting interrupted by Jeongguk.

"But please tell us." Jeongguk said.

Jimin visibly tensed. He wanted to tell his friends, but he was scared. He didn't want his friends to think he was stupid or being overly dramatic. Jimin sat up straight, the tube in his nose shifting with his movements. He looked down towards his hands and started twiddling with a string from the sheets that had come undone.

Taehyung pressed a button that was on the side of the bed. It caused the head end of the mattress to lift up and form a 90-degree angle.

"I haven't been well recently, I guess..." Jimin said, not knowing exactly how to phrase what he wanted to say.

"We could tell you haven't been in a cheerful mood recently. When did it start?" Taehyung asked softly, also not knowing what to say.

"I'm not sure, I guess it started in the last six or seven months. I've lost interest in the things I used to enjoy doing. My life is perfectly fine, but I don't see it that way, everything that happens seems a thousand times worse than it actually is." Jimin said, tears flowing down his cheeks and onto his dressing gown below him. "Everything I do seems tedious, I don't find any fun in life. I also really ha-hate myself." The boy started sobbing and Taehyung shuffled over so he could hug him.