9 // passenGer seat

Chapter 9

"Jimin, I'm not becoming your psychologist..." Yoongi said seriously, his defined eyebrows furrowed in annoyance.

"Why not? It'll be fun!" Jimin said enthusiastically, running in front of Yoongi, turning to face him and jumping up and down. He was now walking with his back to the front, the possibility of tripping over something very high.

"Jimin, no." Yoongi asserted.

"Give me one good reason why not to do it." Jimin said, still walking backwards.

Yoongi reached for Jimin's arm and pulled him back, now walking next to each other forwards. He had a serious look on his face, eyebrows still crinkled in thought.

"You need a licensed professional to help, not some stranger that said something cool once." Yoongi said, currently crossing his arms over his chest as he walked down the empty street.

"But-" Jimin had to act quick since they were getting closer to his house and didn't have much time left. "I don't want to go to a psychologist."

"I don't care about what you want, I'm not taking on the task of being a psychologist when I know nothing about how to help depressed people." Yoongi explained, his previously cheery voice now humourless. Jimin would usually be very scared of the tone he was using. It reminded him of a father-like figure that scolded their children and Yoongi knew how to use it well.

"Hear me out." Jimin started. "I'm scared of going to psychologists, and you just told me you've been to psychologists before. I need help with my depression. You seem like you know what you're doing. You also told me you wanted to do me a favour since I hooked you up with Taehyung. The only thing I need right now is psychological support." Jimin concluded. Before Yoongi could say no, he continued. "If it doesn't work out, it's on me, not you. If my depression doesn't get better then I'll go to a proper psychologist. You lose nothing from trying, if anything, you gain a new friendship."

"Who said I wanted you as a friend?" Yoongi teased, even in a serious situation joking about.

"Shh. Please Yoongi. I need you." Jimin begged, hands in clasped together in front of his chest.

"I don't know..." Yoongi said.

"I'll cook food for you whenever you want me to."

"Deal. Hello, Patient!" Yoongi shook Jimin's hand and just at that moment they reached Jimin's house.

"This is me." Jimin said, walking into the doorway and taking the keys out of his jacket pocket.

"So how does this work?" Yoongi asked, rubbing his hands together because of the cold.

Jimin smiled as he walked home from work, his feet treading on the same road as he and Yoongi were walking along yesterday. They had stood in this exact doorway trying to figure out what they were going to do. They came to the conclusion that they'd just wing it, Yoongi in charge of figuring out what that 'winging' was.

Pyjamas now on, Jimin snuggled up under his sheets and checked his phone.

Mr. Psychologist: Oi, come downstairs
Mr. Psychologist: And bring me something to eat <3

Widened eyes stared at the screen, the unexpected message taking Jimin by surprise. They hadn't arranged anything yet, but meeting up at 11 o'clock at night definitely wasn't what Jimin had in mind.

Weird Cute Guy: Now?
Mr. Psychologist: Yes, now
Weird Cute Guy: Ok lemme change out of m pjs
Mr. Psychologist: No, don't. Keep them on
Mr. Psychologist: And bring food pls
Weird Cute Guy: Mnot cming down in my pjs yoongi...
Mr. Psychologist: Trust me
Mr. Psychologist: And bring food