Chapter 4: What date?

(Spencer's POV)

I can feel the warmth of someone's hand near my hand. I open my eyes and see Toby. I smile slightly then squeeze his hand. He looks down at me with his beautiful yet dangerous blue eyes.

"Spencer?" He says. I feel pain in my head and close my eyes but don't black out. I feel smooth fingers brush my face gently. I begin to fall asleep or black out I'm not so sure.

**In hospital**

When I wake up there is lots of pain in my head. I sit up and wince in pain.

"Spencer!" I hear someone say and look to see Mum there. She runs over and kisses my forehead.

"I was so worried!" She says.

"Mum, how did I get here? What happened?" I ask.

"You don't remember anything?" She asks.

"No." I say not remembering.

"You got hit in the head with a piece of wood, that came from the Cavanaugh's letterbox. Because some idiot put a bomb in there. Toby was lucky enough to find you. So her brought you here." She explains.

I stare at her and then start to remember. Those beautiful but dangerous blue eyes staring at me.

"I'm sorry mum, could I be alone now. My head is killing me." I say. She nods and leaves the room.

I sink back into the bed and stare at the door. I hear it open and I just watch a figure walk into my room. I try to focus on the figure but my good eye is so so blurry I can't see much. It walks up to me. I shrink back a bit.

"Spencer?" The figure asks.

"Toby?" I say and sit up.

The figure nods and pulls back it's hood to reveal Toby. I stare at Toby. I don't know what I'm thinking but I quickly wrap my arms around him and hug him. He tenses but relax after awhile. I sat back down and blushed a bit.

"Sorry." I say.

He shrugs and then sits on the chair next to my bed. I searched his eyes. His beautiful blue. No stop it Spencer. I look down at my hands. I could see Toby gazing at me through my blurred version.

"Why did you help me?" I ask.

He looks at me.

"Why would you help me after all the terrible stuff my friends and I have done to you?" I ask and stare at him, angry that I didn't know the answer.

"Because your not a bad person Spencer." He replies. I stare at him. He looks away from my gaze and down at his hands, a red blush spreading adorably across his face. I smile and he looks up and we are both staring at each other.

"Do you want to get something from The Grille when you get out of hospital?" He asked.

I smile and nod.

"It's a date." I say with a smile.

Toby stares at him shocked.

"I mean like day you know." I say a red blush spreading over my face.

He smiles and laughs. "See you later Spence." He gets up and is about to go out the door when he turns and looks at me just for a split second. He closes the door behind him.

"Bye." I say and sink back into my bed with a smile.

***hey guys hope your enjoying this book so far! Thanks for being patient :) Sorry I have been so busy with school work since I'm in high school. I'm also stressing about what subjects I want to do next year.. By the way I have common testing in a few weeks so I might not be able to write for awhile :( but I'm pretty sure I'll be fine until holidays (I'll be away) and exam time. Love you all :)***