Chapter 10: confused

(Spencer's POV)
I wait outside the school for Toby. When I see him walking out, he looks distressed.
"Hey.." I say.
He looks up and smiles.
"Spencer!"
The smile doesn't quite reach his distressed eyes. I put my hand on the side of his face. He wraps an arm around my back and pulls me towards him. I laugh a bit as I smack into him. I kiss him lightly and quickly on his soft lips. He smiles as I pull away and grab his hand.
"Come on! I have a surprise for you!" He says and pulls me towards him again. I laugh as my shoulder hits his neck and he coughs. The girls appear out of nowhere and I jump.

"Spence. Are you going to come with us?" Hanna asks.

"No. You guys go I'll catch up with you soon." I say.

"Spence it's important." Aria says.

"Aria I'm a little busy at the moment." I say slightly grumpy with them.

"Wow." Hanna says.

"I said I'll catch up with you guys later." I say trying to sound relaxed.

Hanna was about to speak when Emily jumps in.

"Guys stop! Let's go. Spencer's busy okay?" She says and storms off.

"Oh look now you've made her mad.." Hanna says.

"Hanna!" Aria snaps and grabs her arm and walks away.

"Wow. Han seems a bit rattled today.." I say.

(Toby's POV)
I smile nervously at her comment.

"Maybe it's her workload?" I say.

"No. It wouldn't be that.. If anything it would be about her looks." Spencer says.

"Well she did have bags under her eyes." Spencer says half to herself.

"She's probably just stressed about A..." Spencer says then her eyes widen. My eyes widen as well.

"A.. A.. Bad fashion sense.." Spencer says.

"Spencer. Are you sure?" I ask. If A is threatening anyone else I have to do something to help.

"Yes Toby. It's fine." She says and kisses my cheek.

I smile a bit of sweat running down the side of my face.

"Want a lift?" I ask. She nods and grabs my hand as I lead her to my car.

Once we are inside my car, Spencer puts her seatbelt on and then kisses me on the lips passionately. She takes my breath away and I gasp for breath after she pulls away. She smiles at me and I put my arm over her shoulder and pull her closer to me. She puts her head on my shoulder. I lean in to give her a kiss when we hear a text tone. It wasn't my phone but I see Spencer open her bag and pull her phone out. I lean away from her and start the engine of my car. I look out of the corner of my eye to see Spencer looking slightly worried and looking around with her beautiful confused brown eyes.

(Spencer's POV)
"Do you trust him? If so look at his phone. - A"
I look around the car but then I think more about it. A is trying to trick me. Toby is safe. He's protected me. I shouldn't just snoop around his phone. A likes twisting your brain into thinking about negative things. I'm not going to let A win. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not ever.
A is going down.

(Toby's POV)
As I pull up to Spencer's house Melissa is standing outside. Spencer swears under her breath but I still hear her and I slightly smile. She looks at me and I quickly change my expression.

"Stay here." She says and exits my car.

I watch her as she walks over. I can see Melissa staring at me. She's eyeing my off like I'm her prey. Her gaze changes and she looks behind me. I turn but see nothing there. I open the door of the car and step out. Melissa walks away after a discussion with Spencer. Spencer runs up to the car. I wind down my window and she kisses me like she did earlier.

"See you tomorrow Toby." She says as she pulls away.

"See you tomorrow Spencer." I say.

"You can call me Spence if you want." She says and I smile.

"I love you Spence." I say. She lightly pushes my shoulder and I wince. She looks at me with shock as if it hurt me. I laugh at this.

"I wanted to say that first." She says and I laugh again.

"Goodnight Spencer." I say and start my car.

"Bye Toby." She says and waves as I drive down the road.