Chapter 11: The Start of A War

(Toby's POV)
I text A.
"I'm out."
I put my phone down and I hear a text message.
"That's too bad. Now I can break her heart. Or maybe even break her.. -A"
What am I doing?! A will do something terrible to Spencer. But if I'm in charge of "breaking her heart" maybe she will understand? And I won't hurt her. Hopefully. I throw my phone at the seat in my car. I hear a text again and I reach for my phone.
"Are you sure? - A"
"No." I text.
"Good. Now if you back out again. Something even worse will happen then what is going to happen soon. - A"
What?! Oh crap.

The next day
(Emily's POV)
I put on a white top, some black jeans and a pair of white converses. I text Spencer asking if she needs a lift to school. She texts back saying she's getting a lift with Toby. I sigh and go downstairs for breakfast. I hear my phone beep. I pick it up and look at the message.
"I thought we said to stay away from Toby. And now Spencer is sleeping with the enemy? - Hanna."
This message twists my mind. Maybe it was all Spencer's plan? Getting closer to Toby. Or maybe she was falling in love with the killer of Alison?

"Hey Em!" Spencer says walking towards me.

"Spencer!" I hear someone call down the hallway and look up to see Toby.

"Hey Toby!" She says with a smile on her face.

I feel someone grab my arm and all of a sudden I'm walking away from Spencer. I look to see a frustrated Hanna holding my arm in her iron grip.

"Um bye." I call down the hallway to Spencer.

"What the hell was that for?" I say to Hanna lowering my voice.

"Like I said she's getting to close to the enemy, I know it might hurt but we need to stay away from her." She replies.

I stare at her. Her blonde hair was ruffled and the dark circles under her eyes showed through her layers of makeup.

"Han-" I say but get cut off.

"Don't Em, it's for our own good. I talked to Aria and she agrees." Hanna states, I yank my arm from her.

"Hanna, she's our friend. Friends stick together." I say. Hanna sighs.

"Look at this." She says and pulls out her phone and shoves it to my face.

I grab her phone before she blinds me with her brightness setting. I turn it down and look at the photo. It's a photo of Spencer and Toby kissing. My heart missed a beat from fear for a split second as I read the text.
"Spencer, Spencer, Spencer, always plays with your heart and mind. - A"
It is true though she does. One minute she tells you everything the next she won't tell you anything.
"I have to go." I say and hand Hanna's phone back before rushing off.