Prologue 1/2

Taeyong was plodding his way home from the grocery store to his dingy little apartment. He makes it to the apartment he so loathed and dropped a few of his bags so he could grab his keys and roughly unlock the door, he unlocks it and rams it hard with his shoulder, taking a few tries to get it open.

He picks up his bags with a sigh and slams the door behind him when he walks inside, he looked around his clean though stained apartment with annoyance and sets the groceries down on the counter before replacing the bucket of water that had been quietly filling itself via a leak in the center of the ceiling above it.

Taeyong dumps the filled bucket in the sink and places it beside the edge of the counter for later and he sets to work putting away his provisions to the sound of the plinking water in the metal bucket.

Once he was done he went to his room and chose some more appropriate clothes for dancing and tosses them onto his sunken, ratty bed before going to them and getting changed.

Once dressed Taeyong grabbed his wallet and walked to the dance studio, doing a few stretches on the way. He walked into the studio with slightly messy, windblown hair and tired eyes but nonetheless set down his water bottle in the corner of the room and bowed slightly in a silent greeting to his teacher.

Taeil smiled brightly at Taeyong "You excited? You get to be a backup dancer for Big Bang!" he says excitedly.

Taeyong yawns lightly and dimly returns the smile "I would be more excited if I weren't so tired" He responded apologetically. Taeil nods in understanding and the two began to do a few stretches and chat about the details of the dance.

Once the stretching was over Taeil started the music and danced all of Taeyong's moves for him to show what he would have to do before he broke it down for the younger.

Hours later the practice was finally over and Taeyong was star-fished on the floor, his delicate chest rising and falling heavily due to his exhaustion and his hair and thin t-shirt were drenched with his sweat.

Taeil wrinkled his nose at Taeyong, he was tired as well but now he would have to mop the floor before he left for the day. He extended a hand to the boy on the floor and helped him up before grinning at him. "You go home and take it easy, we have practice again in two days" He says brightly before retreating to find the mop so he could get out of there quickly.

Taeyong says goodbye before sighing and stepping out onto the windy streets again, the sweat on his skin chilled him through his thin t-shirt and sweatpants as the cool wind blew across it and he shivered slightly as he entered his dingy apartment complex for the last time that day.

He unlocks and opens his door with the usual difficulty and scrunches his nose at the dilapidated room before grabbing a fresh pair of sweatpants to sleep in and he heads to his tiny bathroom to take a shower.

He walks out of the bathroom with a towel over his head and his grey sweatpants hanging low on his hips as he quietly pads to his room, his stomach gurgles loudly and he winces looking towards his newly filled fridge before sighing and closing the door to his bedroom behind him.

He finished drying off his hair and threw the damp towel over his desk chair. He dropped onto his sunken bed and pulls the covers up to his chin and turns onto his side so the ratty blankets were comfortably over his shoulder and he pulls his extra pillow close in his arms and lays there in dark and tired silence as he tries to sleep.

BANG

He flinches and closes his eyes tightly.