Chapter 17

*This chapter took up 5 pages on the doc.... whoops, It's an over 3k celebration?*
*over 2k words*
17

Taeyong makes his way to the kitchen, followed by a continually chattering Johnny who was chittering about the different ways Taeyong could subtly wish Taeil a special happy birthday from him. Once in the kitchen Taeyong grabs the cake from the fridge and spins on his heel, deftly avoiding and ignoring Johnny's chatter.

He meets Ten at the door and the shorter opens the door for him and the finally quiet Johnny. As Taeyong passed Ten he mutters "We need to get Taeil back here ASAP"

Ten chuckles and follows the two out, unlocking and starting the van as he climbs into the driver's seat. "That's the final goal of this all isn't it" he hums amused "Your job is to figure out how to do that."

"I already have" Taeyong sighs "There are no surveillance cameras outside so I could get him to walk with me in the park nearby, once out of sight we could have Yuta or Winwin hack his gps/microphone to either glitch it out or implement fake audio while I take it off of him and bring him to the van, from there we're more or less home free"

Ten raises an eyebrow "And why haven't you done this yet?" he asks carefully his voice carrying through the thick black curtains that were drawn between them as he drives them closer to Taeyong's apartment building.

"I haven't yet for a few reasons" Taeyong sighs "One, we don't have enough recordings of our conversations for Yuta and Winwin to stitch together into a new conversation convincingly, two, we would be on a time limit as soon as we walk out of the building and I have no idea what that time limit is and have yet to find a route to the park that would be short enough for the plan based on what I know so far, and three, the most frustrating reason, I don't know where his stupid gps/mic is hidden, he has changed multiple times around me in the locker rooms and I have found absolutely no sign of it. I have a few guesses as to where it could be but the most likely option I can think of is the most dangerous"

The redheaded boy sounded obviously distressed by the hitch he had hit in his plan and Ten wasn't sure he even wanted to know but proceeded to ask so as to get more info on the situation and to help Taeyong think it through by saying it out loud, "Where do you think the mic could be hidden?"

Another frustrated sigh came from behind the curtain before a response of "One option is his earrings, which is unlikely because they're different almost every time we meet but it can't quite be ruled out, the second option is on the inner waistband of his boxers, which is also unlikely because he changes those while in the locker room, though I can't rule it out either because he changes those out of sight as a courtesy. The final option is the worst one because it requires a more complicated piece of equipment and a much more brutal extraction."

He sighs softly before continuing, this exhale of air somehow had a different tone than the ones before it, this one took on a more regretful cadence then frustrated "With this option the gps/mic is under his skin, it is somewhere just beneath the surface of his body, this makes it much much harder to get rid of for obvious reasons, it's in his skin so to take it out we would have to cut him, it is possibly wired to something vital so even if we can quickly get to it it's possible that he could get seriously hurt if we attempt to just pull it out and finally if the gps is under his skin it could possibly be monitoring his heart rate which is a much harder type of software to hack and regulate to make seem as if nothing happened, we can't have it just flatline and risk your rival gang showing up faster than planned and we can't set the heartbeat faster or slower than his natural heartbeat or they will suspect something due to the spike or decrease."

Taeyong explained all of this with a soft frown as he thought deeply about the possible predicament.

Ten fell silent as he processed the new information he had been given, he silently hopes that Yuta and Winwin had heard the explanation and had it on document.