Chapter 32

17

4

The room was well lit and dingy. The grey cinderblock walls were speckled with the aftermath of past interrogations, the stained concrete floor sloping slightly down to a drain in the center of the room between the feet of a bleeding man with familiar dull red hair.

Taeyong was strapped into a wooden chair, his mouth metaphorically sewn shut and the deep gashes on his forearms being physically sewn closed as he stared ahead with blazing, watering eyes and bulging veins at the viciously grinning woman in front of him.

His mother.

The beautiful, slim, silky haired woman before him, with well proportioned features twisted up into a feral, bloodstained sneer, stood leaning against an operating table covered in varying weapons. From broken bottles to butchers knives. From suture needles with corded threads to small dental drills in pristine condition. Weapons of all sorts laid on the table, excluding the scalpel dripping Taeyong's dark lifeblood held tightly in her well manicured grip.

"I'll ask again little monster. Who. Did you. Betray momma for?" she snarls, her pristine white teeth bared as she takes a low, threatening step towards her son, her bloody scalpel raised to strike him again.

Taeyong blinks his eyes clear, if only for a moment, allowing the tears in his eyes to drift down his face and out of the way of his vision, mingling with sweat as they traveled down his damp face and neck. His eyes remain fiery and defiant, only dulled by his loss of blood.

He refuses to speak.

To emphasize this point he spits a glob of blood at his mother's feet, not breaking eye contact with her.

In a flash she was crouched in front of him. Her fist against his thigh as she jams the scalpel deep into the tissue there. Taeyong throws his head back in a silent shriek as he feels the sharp metal grating against the bone of his thigh.

There was a sick glimmer in her eye as she twisted the metal object and pulled it out, creating a deep gash only 2 inches thick but many more in depth.

Taeyong's head falls forward and he pants, his damp hair dripping salty sweat into the fresh wound, his sight swimming and mind reeling from the pain.

"I don't take pleasure in this little monster, I just want to know who it is I need to kill." his mother purrs, motioning for one of the men standing at Taeyong's side, just inside his peripherals, to come forward and stitch closed the new wound. "You see Creature, we have a big deal planned and rumor has it your little NCT leader plans to block it. So momma needs to know who to kill to ensure our deal goes through" she explains, her tone sickly sweet as she slowly drags the side of the scalpel across Taeyong's sweaty cheek, wiping the blood on his skin and adding a small cut just below his cheek bone.

"No" Taeyong rasps, his voice choked and gravely as it escapes from his sore, dry throat. He fought his body silently as it urged him to convulse with every pull of the corded thread through his thigh, he fought the urge to vomit every time he felt the suture needle stab through his sensitive, already wounded flesh.

"No?" His mother asks sweetly tilting her head in a childish way as she backs away and places the scalpel down on the table in favor of a larger, serrated knife. "Even after all of this?" she asks her tone like innocently tinkling bells, waving the knife loosely at her son's battered form. "Momma doesn't want to hurt you little monster, but I need that name"

"No" he snarls again, this time baring his bloody teeth at her, his bloodshot eyes practically glowing with his vehement hatred of the woman in front of him.

She steps towards him and pulls one of his feet up into her hand, gripping like iron around his ankle, bending his body at an awkward angle with his foot higher than his head, forcing him to sit back and sink down against the chair and his too tight bonds.

"Fine then, how about you tell momma what you do know, hmm?" she requests mercilessly, her hand with the knife hanging by her side as she stares straight into her son's eyes.

"Nothing" Taeyong spits, nothing but spite and malice in his tone.

She smiles sweetly at her son and pulls the arm with the knife up quickly to draw the serrated blade forcefully up the center of his foot, starting at the heel and ending just below his middle toe. "Wrong answer" she crows gleefully.

Even the men to the sides of Taeyong were beginning to look sick as rich, dark blood spit out from the fresh wound onto the woman's black blouse and jeans. She drops the foot with a discontented sigh and motions to the men to stitch up that wound as well as she pulls Taeyong's other foot up into her grip.

"Try again Creature" She goads.

This time Taeyong was too incapacitated to speak and simply shook his sweaty head no as his entire body shrieked for the pain to end.

His mother releases a quiet 'hmph' of disappointment and slices through his foot without another second of hesitation. She drops it to the ground and watches her son's body go limp in his seat, no strength left to even sit up, she crouches in front of him and takes his hand. "Just spell it if you can't say it Little monster, spell out your little Boss' name out for momma"

Taeyong's mind couldn't be louder, alternating between shrieking in pain and trying to order him to tell her Ten's name and his primal desire to spit in her face and teach her that he was in no way her son, whatever means necessary.

But his body could no longer move without his full focus, so he simply glared, his lips sealed tight and his eyes filled past the brim with the rage of an abused young man who has had enough.

His mother's patience began to grow thin and she dragged the knife across the inside of his finger joints. Slowly, painfully creating small incisions that would pain him if his fingers even so much as twitched. She waits silently for her son to answer her.

After she had completed her task of gradually cutting up both his hands she snarled in frustration as she watched Taeyong's eyes roll back into his head right after the final incision. She raised her knife as if to jam it into the socket in her rage at his defiance but instead she sighed, tossed the knife behind her onto the operating table and gave the guards orders to chain him back in his cell.

She exited the room in a flourish of blood soaked clothing.

She had another son to visit.