Chapter 16

17

After his breakfast Taeyong rolls out of bed with a wide smile for Ten "You never finished showing me around the other day Queenie, I'd like to see the kitchen where you 'cook' all of your famous breakfasts for me" he croons lightly teasing Ten.

Ten hums quietly in response and satisfaction at the nickname Queenie, it was a start at least, "Get cleaned up and changed and I'll take you" He hums.

He takes Taeyong's hand and flattens it out before placing a new dog collar into the others palm, this one was made of white leather and had a teardrop shaped lime green jewel dangling from it, this collar looked more expensive than the others and the jewel on it looks suspiciously like a pale emerald.

Taeyong looked at Ten and raised an eyebrow at the expensive looking collar, Ten shrugs and takes the collar back and shifts on the bed to clasp the accessory around the redheads neck. "I'll be outside your room when you're done" He hums before beckoning to Titan and exiting the plush bedroom.

Taeyong goes to his newly filled closet and pulls out a pair of white ripped skinny jeans, a large pastel green sweater and some emerald green converse, he dresses himself quickly sighing happily at the feeling of the warm, soft sweater against his skin.

He then heads to his bathroom to wash his face and brush his teeth, after he had done this he opens the door into the hall timidly not knowing where Ten was standing and not wanting to accidentally with the door.

Ten hums in appreciation for his Prize's outfit as he comes forward and looks Taeyong over. Taeyong smiles ever so slightly recognizing the quiet noise of approval from the other "Time for food" he reminds with a happy smile, even though he didn't ever eat much he always loved cooking.

Ten's gaze remained fixed on the redhead for a moment longer before he shifts it in the direction they would be walking to get to the kitchen and starts off "Then lets go Pet" he hums coolly, definitely not acknowledging his staring from just a moment ago.

Taeyong giggles quietly at Ten's reaction and quickly follows him, carefully committing the route to memory so he could come back any time. As time went on it was slowly getting easier for Taeyong to navigate the gigantic home where he had been living for the past week or so but, to be honest, he wasn't entirely sure that was a good thing considering his circumstance.

Ten leads Taeyong into the kitchen and leans against the counter "Why did you want to come here anyway"

Taeyong smiles "It's Taeil's birthday tomorrow, I wanted to bake him a cake" he then shrugs "besides I like to cook to it's nice to know where the kitchen is"

Ten nods in understanding "He will be touched to hear you remembered" he hums "What kind of cake were you planning on making?"

"Just a normal vanilla cake with some vanilla frosting and fruit slices on the top" Taeyong hums with a smile, he knew how much his Hyung liked fruits.

Taeyong goes to the fruit basket that was resting on the center of the island he also goes in search of a cutting board, a knife and the other utensils and ingredients he would need to complete the cake.

He sets up the cutting board, knife, and some kiwis, strawberries and other assorted fruits on the section of the island. In front of Ten. "Can you peel the Kiwis and cut these up for me while I start the cake?" He asks as he moves on and starts separating the wet and dry ingredients of the cake.

"No"

Taeyong turns around and furrows his eyebrows "Why not? If you're gonna hang around you might as well make yourself useful." He huffs, plenty miffed about the rejection.

"I don't like fruit" Ten huffs looking away looking slightly embarrassed showing Taeyong it was a bit more than just not liking fruit.

Taeyong snickers "Are you afraid of them or something?" He asks picking up a banana and waving it at Ten teasingly.

Ten bats it away from himself and leans away looking incredibly embarrassed.

Taeyong giggles and puts the banana down "Okay tough guy you can start putting the cake together and I'll prepare the fruits" He hip bumps Ten away from the cutting board, towards the ingredients for the cake and he begins to carefully peel the fruits.

Ten looked a bit relieved but soon frowns realizing he had been teased, he grabs a small handful of flour from the bag and sneaks over to Taeyong who was at the sink peeling and washing the Kiwis and pours it onto his hair. "Don't tease me" he huffs sounding a bit childish and his actions definitely weren't helping this image.

Taeyong hisses and drops the fruit into the sink and spins around to stare incredulously at the Mafia leader who had just poured flour over his head for teasing him about being scared of fruits.

"Did you. Just pour. Flour on my head. Because you. Are scared. Of fruit. And you didn't like me teasing you about it." He says slowly and incredulously "You, the fearless, heartless leader of the NCT mafia are scared of fruits"

Ten pouts at Taeyong, looking totally heartless, "You teased me, you should have done that" he defends with a huff.

"I'm going to get you back for that" Taeyong threatens pointing a flour dusted finger at Ten and pulling some flour off his head and dusting it onto Tens black t-shirt for added effect.

Ten chuckles lowly "I dare you" he taunts his voice cold and challenging.

Taeyong sighs and throws a flour covered, peeled kiwi and the gang leader who cringes as it hits his shirt and slides down it, leaving a trail of fruit juice and wet flour across his torso and a bit down his thigh before it drops onto the floor with a gross but quiet slapping noise as it hit the hard wood.

Taeyong decides that was enough payback and goes to get another kiwi, he returns to the sink and looks at Ten "Make the cake batter and no more making messes" he threatens "Or you will be getting a lot more than a kiwi to the shirt"

He turns back to the sink and returns to his task of preparing the fruit, Ten looks a little stunned as he looked from Taeyong to the squished Kiwi on the ground, he shivered a bit and decided it would be in his best interests to just make the batter, he knew when he needed to back down, especially to protect his pride and image in front of the person who was more or less meant to be his prized pet.

Once the batter was finished and the fruits cut Taeyong put the cake in the oven and set Ten to the task of making the frosting.

Finally it was time to decorate the cake after it was taken out and cooled, Tae let Ten frost the cake and he arranged the cut up fruits at the top and put it in a box. Ten placed the cake away in the fridge for when Taeyong would need it as Tae began to clean up the mess Ten had made, starting with the smooshed kiwi on the floor.

As Tae threw away the kiwi he looked at Ten and pointed a finger at him "You sir have the oddest duality of anyone I have ever met" he sighs.

************
(A/N)
************
So I learned a new thing about Ten and decided to make it the focus of this chapter 🤣

On the downside this was supposed to be done and posted almost three days ago TT

I hope you enjoyed! And I hope the wait wasn't too bad TT

~Key