Chapter 34

*Boss is officially being posted to Tumblr! the Tumblr version will be under the username the-basement-paradox and will have an alternate(more angsty) ending as well as any future bonus content. Chapters 34 and 35 are the last chapters that will be the same.

I'm excited to announce this because I do my best to tone down the angst within my stories on Wattpad and now with the Tumblr versions I will be able to write the story at different angles and levels of angst and sharp/roughness, the only change to Boss will be the ending but watch out for altered versions of future projects!

I know this chapter is short but the ending is incoming!

Thank you everyone for the support! Enjoy!

~Key*

17

4

Ten paced across the floor in front of the fireplace, behind him there was no fire in the hearth and the whiteboard was rolled over with large schematics for a building pinned up on it. In front of him the members were sprawled out on the couches, Mrs. Hyorin and Mr. Boseok were seated front and center for the briefing. Titan lay curled up across their feet as she watched him pace.

Finally the blue haired leader comes to a stop and drags his tired iron eyes across the group of people patiently waiting for him to begin, as he scans the expressions of the members he notices a look in their eyes that he recognizes all too well.

He looks each member in the eye, and with a degree of scolding in his tone, he begins "This isn't a battle mission"

A few quiet mumbles of dissent echoed in the room but were quickly silenced by a growl from Titan. Ten offered a small smile to his pet before returning his stern gaze to the others "This is search and rescue"

Mrs. Hyorin gives a small smile for the strength in his tone and Mr. Boseok offered a grunt in agreement with the young leader.

"The plan for this operation is as follows" Ten continues turning his body a bit towards the schematics behind him so he could begin pointing out positions. "We will have a squad of six perched atop the building itself, Mark, Winwin, me, and three of our lower level members. The rest of you will be leading small squads of five low level members in securing a perimeter around the building. Light your flares when you're in position, but as soon as you see our flare in the center of the circle, extinguish it and the next phase of the plan will begin" He indicated the schematics where a perimeter around the building was marked by names, so the members could approach the board after the briefing and determine their positioning.

"Comments thus far?" He asks coldly scanning the grouped members who listened attentively.

Johnny half raised a hand "In the case we need to enter the building which entrances should we use and how can we prevent crowding in those areas?"

Ten nods to acknowledge the question and begins to explain "There are four entrances to the complex, one facing each cardinal direction, in the event that you must enter the building to aid in the extraction portion of the plan you will be using the closest entrance to your position in the perimeter. As for crowd control, each of you will have ear coms that will filter back into the van at which will be parked a safe distance away, from there Jisung and Yuta will dismiss you into the building as they see fit." Ten offers a small nod of confirmation to the two mentioned before continuing with the rest of the briefing.

"When everyone is in position, Mark, Winwin and I will each enter the building from different entrances, the South, West, and North entrances. The other three of our squad will be posted outside the entrances to prevent any others from entering, and in the event that you must move in, then to provide directions to our general positions within the buildings, provided to them by Jisung and Yuta, who will keep their eyes on the three of us within the complex at all times and aid our search."

Ten returns to the board and repeats the first half of the plan, thoroughly detailing and fleshing out every aspect after having given the rough outline.

The middle aged couple who sat in on this briefing shared a look of relative surprise at the painstaking detail this plan had been given and the extra measures that were mentioned in case the plan went wrong.

After the briefing the older couple stayed up with Ten in his office to discuss the plan, their role when the gang returned to base, what their status would be when this was all over, and of course, Taeyong.

The next day the complex was alive with energy like electricity flowing through the air, almost available to the touch as the gang members prepared for the 'search and rescue' raid, new gang members the older couple had never seen bustled in through the doors every few minutes until the door remained closed and squads of five strangers at a time milled around running errands and taking care of preparations for their squad leaders.

Around the middle of the day the middle aged husband and wife wandered into the kitchen to find Johnny and Taeil preparing an enormous meal to feed the entire gang before they had to move out and begin making their way to their positions for the raid. They decided to make themselves useful and lend a hand in preparing and serving the meal, which Ten obviously disapproved of, as he considered the pair his guests and didn't wish for them to lift a finger.

After the meal the groups took care of their final preparations and began to move out, some on foot, some in cars and others in differing modes of transportation to be parked safely away from the site of the mission.

Finally the duo in charge of navigation said their goodbyes to the older couple and sped off in their black van filled with their tech equipment.

And with that Mrs. Lee Hyorin and Mr. Lee Boseok were left alone in the echoingly empty complex of the NCT mafia, anxiously awaiting the return of their nephew turned son and hoping beyond hope for a lack in casualties when the gang returned.