Chapter 28

*Sorry, this took some extra, unplanned time because I had to plan out where I was going to need to stop^^' Enjoy!*

17

4

There was a moment of silence on the other side of the phone before the, obviously female, voice crackles through the receiver again "I'm sorry, who is this? Our sons have grown up and moved out of our home, did something happen to them?"

"No Mrs. Lee.." Ten hums soothingly, taking a mental note that Taeyong seemed to have a brother "As far as I am aware your sons are fine, I simply know your son Taeyong personally and wanted to call the wonderful people whom had raised him to come and enjoy a meal at my home as a thank you for raising my friend so well"

The blue haired mafia leader spoke in a honeyed tone, laying his sincerity on thick to help put the couple more at ease. He listened to the soft murmuring on the other end of the line as the older couple discussed his proposal. They seemed to come to a conclusion as their muffled chattering stops and Mrs. Lee Hyorin's wary voice crawled through the receiver into Ten's eagerly waiting ear.

"Will our son be there for the meal?"

"Unfortunately not Miss, Tomorrow happens to be the only day I am free for a while and Taeyong ssi happens to have a previous engagement for that particular date." Ten says sweetly, hoping his gut wrenching half truth would be enough.

There was an ever longer pause in the conversation causing the blue haired man's curiosity and level of impatience to spike, he had opened his mouth to encourage the pair when a shuffling could be heard against his ear and a man's voice comes through clearly "When, where and what would we be eating"

There was a gruff, wary tone in the man's voice that made Ten smile perversely "I was hoping you and your wife could arrive around 5:30 pm if that's alright with you Mr. Lee, we would be eating in my home which I will come get you and bring you to tomorrow and, in honor of the favorite meal Taeyong ssi has fed me and our friends, we would be having homemade ramyeon with accompanying pork and potato dumplings made from scratch. Is all of that sufficient?" Ten responds, adding the appropriate amount of excited joy to brighten his vocal tone so as to indicate that to him the date was set to meet with them, hoping it would spark them to accept easier.

There was another mumbling silence from the other side of the phone as the Lee's deliberated over the offer from the mysterious friend of their younger son.

Finally the rough voice of Mr. Lee sighs through to Ten's ear "You seem so prepared for this meal so it would be rude to decline, we would love to meet with you." after these words Ten smiles broadly knowing he would soon be much closer to finding His King "Would you like us to send you our address? You mentioned you would like to pick us up?"

"Yes thank you you can just give it to me now over the phone if it's all the same to you" the blue haired boss offers the smile on his face leaking into his tone, only helping encourage the couple to place their trust in him.

"Alright we live on 127th, the third apartment building when you come in from the south, we can meet you outside at the front. When do you expect to arrive again?"

"I think I would be there to pick you up at around 5pm? Does that sound alright?" Ten hums playing well into the roll of the friendly best friend.

"5pm Tomorrow works just fine, thank you for the invitation young man"

"Of course, I'll see you then, watch for a silver car, thank you for accepting, Good Bye Mr and Mrs Lee!"

And with that cheerful farewell Ten hung up the phone and sighed. The blue haired mafia sat back in his chair and ran his hand through his hair and glanced at the door to find Johnny and Taeil staring at him their expressions more or less unreadable.

"What the hell do you two want" The leader huffs, fixing the eldest and his lover with a firm, unamused glare as the pair's faces break out into shit eating grins.

"We just wanted to let you know that our guest's rooms are ready but you were being so soft and sweet on the phone we didn't want to distract you" Taeil says sweetly, his grin lighting up his features with his excitement at the chance to tease the cold little man seated in front of him. He gives his leader a little wink before taking his lover's hand beginning a hasty retreat.

Before the door closes behind Johnny he calls out over his shoulder with a grin for his leader "So glad we finally get to meet your in-laws"

And with that the door closed and maniacal giggling ensued as the pair of lovers ran away from their angered leader.

"Watch your back Johnny" Ten mutters as he gets up to go finish preparing for tomorrow before heading to bed.

"Because for the next month I'm not going to watch it for you" He murmurs vengefully as he flips off the light and exits his office.