Understanding

This crystal infused island was strange, the same island Steven was stranded on. However the watermelon Stevens had made it their home very quickly, building huts and craving themselves into stone or forming mud figures of themselves too. The last few weeks were filled with meditation and inner self peace for (Y/n) and Black Obsidian. He spent his days on the shore looking out into the sky or sea while (Y/n) trained and tried, and with very little accusation, using their new abilities. Trying to form a pink bubble like they had done to the gems, however nothing happened. They had forgotten the nightmares they had gone through, although the haunting feeling of dread never left them whenever they did fall to sleep. The fear of never waking up and having to go through those nightmares again sent them into an endless spiral of fear. Which ended with sleepless nights, watching the sky slowly spin and the moon trending places with the sun- in the endless nights mixed with days (Y/n) had noted that even though they hadn't slept in days they weren't sluggish with fatigued and their limbs heavy like they had experienced in the past. Like the time they had stayed up for two nights straight watching all of the camp pining hearts series. Instead they felt awake, not refreshed like one would feel after a restful nights' sleep, but awake and aware. It was an odd feeling honestly and they had wished to feel the same restful feeling they craved, but no matter how hard they tried they couldn't sleep- making them feel incomplete.

Black had wandered into the village after a week on the sandy beach where they had landed. He looked the same, but in his eyes seemed off and had a far off look in them. The gold was no longer bright like when they had met. Black had gained the trust of the watermelons when he helped one of them carry food into their storage. They gave him a flower crown and dragged him to all the bonfires, where he saw (Y/n) meditating off to the side, their body facing the ocean. The crackle of the fire and the crashing of the waves mixed together and caused (Y/n) to be in a peaceful trace- until the sound of crushing leaves and grass was heard behind them. Their tensed body loosened when they heard someone take a seat beside them, peeking to their right they saw Black with his knees to his chest and his arms hugging his legs, he too was facing the ocean.

"Would you like some help?" He asked, (Y/n) sighed and dropped their arms to their back, their limbs holding them up from the ground as they looked up to the sky, stars covered by palm tree leaves.

"Would you know how to help me?" They asked, Black took a moment before answering. He had no issues with the new Pink diamond, after a few days of thinking he knew that it was possible for a human and gem to have offspring. Unheard of but not impossible. Thinking back into the memories of (Y/n)'s memories he saw that she wasn't Pink, or Rose, as she had last been. Steven wasn't her either, all they shared was the gem and nothing else.

"I do. I also know that in the future you and your brother will go through more trouble. Pink had a few enemies, but she had more allies. Rose turned those allies into enemies, you'll need to be able to control your powers soon." Black said, not bothering to turn and look at them.

"Why would you help me? Help us?" (Y/n) asked. Their (e/c) eyes finally landed on the giant man next to them.

"For a deal." Black offered. "In the future, I will need your help for... something. I will help you now and you will help me later." He offered his hand to (Y/n), they looked between the man's eyes and his outreached hand. (Y/n) could wait and ask Pearl for help, but they had a feeling it wouldn't go well. With Black offering it seems that he wouldn't trick them, for wanting something in the future he guarantees that whatever he is planning will work in my favor and that (Y/n) will still be on good terms with Black, enough for them to owe them a favor. For the moment (Y/n) didn't see any downfalls. With a slap of their palm onto Black's awaited hand they shake and a smile forms on the mans' face.