C h a p t e r F i v e | R e c o v e r y

Not long goes by when the team is waiting outside of Seto's bedroom for updates. Quentin and Adam are inside monitoring his health and helping him stop his head wound, but so far nothings come up since they entered. This whole situation has been making Ty feel uneasy, coming up with multiple irrational outcomes to what could happen. In his head, anything is considered a viable option. Seto could be dead and they're finding a way to let them down easy, or he's fine with a short case of amnesia, or his injury learned the ability to awaken unearthly power and is preparing to send the world into a spiraling downfall. Just your average irrational over thinking.

Ty begins bitting his nails due to the nerves crawling up his skin. The sheer thought of endless possibilities of failure are freaking him out more than he was before. Jason was standing right beside him, his hands tucked away in his pant pockets. He was passing his time starring out to nothing as if in a daze. He imagined his projects in his head and making a list of things he needs to do after Seto's situation is dealt with.

He would've continued day dreaming if Ty bringing his hand to his face didn't catch his attention. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed how shaky Ty is acting. Jason didn't like seeing him like that, knowing it must be weird being caught in the middle of something like this. He stretches his arm out towards him and pats his shoulder, assuring him everything would be okay. Ty was caught off guard by Jason's presence, but allowed the pats to sooth himself. Off to the side were Mitch and Jerome having their own whispered conversation. Since the hallway is painfully silent, they're whispering stood out more, being the only sound filling their surroundings. Ian leaned up against the opposite wall from everyone else. He was right next to Seto's door to try to be in earshot of what's going on inside. Sadly, he didn't overhear anything.

The hallway filled up with silence as they waited in anticipation. Mitch and Jerome stopped whispering which brought out the silence even more. It's as if they were all waiting for the sirens of the apocalypse to ring and bring them out of their awkward shell. Suddenly, a click captured all their attention. They quickly shifted their heads to face the door and watch how it creaked open. Quentin stepped out from behind the door and analyzed who was outside waiting. He caught a glimpse of Ty and carefully shut the door behind him so everyone else wouldn't peek inside. Before anyone of them could ask any of their burning questions, Quentin exclaimed, "Ty, Adam wants to talk to you."

Ty was brought aback, not expecting that to be the first thing said to him. It confused him and made more nerves crawl down his spine than before. He hesitated walking forward, but Jason gave him a little nudge to get him started. Ty complies and slowly makes his way into Seto's room. Quentin holds the door open for him and shuts it completely once Ty's all the way in.

The first thing that got Ty's attention was how organized the room and it's attention to detail. The different shades of purple thrown around complemented the exquisite, yet simple, aesthetic of the room. The objects placed on shelves and walls were noticeably strange compared to modern day decor. They were more antique, most likely artifacts reaching back hundreds of years. Nonetheless, they seemed to blend in well with everything else. It was on thes same playing field as a museum. Although he found the stuff he owns strange, it makes sense for Seto to collect these objects. They must've been brand new at the time he got them considering how long he's been alive. It still baffles him knowing Seto's actual age range.

"Ty, come over here," Adam waved him over. Ty brought his attention to the bed located at the right hand corner of the room. Adam stood right next to Seto who was on the bed, sitting up right and leaning back on a white pillow. He made his way up to them, leaving the sight seeing for a more fitting circumstance. "What's wrong? Is everything okay? How can I help?" Ty bombarded Adam with questions. "Woah, relax. Everything's alright," Adam cleared things up for him. Ty took deep breaths in and out while sneaking a glance at Seto. He wore a comfortable sleeveless undershirt. It really brought out how skinny he was; at least, not to the point where it's considered unhealthy. Otherwise, he looked okay. His head was wrapped in bandages, his hair puffing out in many scattered directions. Everything about him seemed fine besides not bothering to give Ty a glance back. He was facing away from Ty, looking at the draped windows instead. He seemed to tense up once Ty was only a couple feet away from him, almost as if he was afraid of him.