C h a p t e r S i x | T r a i n i n g

Snuggling up on a bed with a blanket curling over his body slept Ty who was wasting away in a haze. He still couldn't get over the fact that a soft and comfortable bed actually existed, and better yet, one all to himself. The past couple days have been pretty relaxing despite there still being some awkwardness in the air from the party's aftermath. Nonetheless, they can still speak about it as if it were a joke. However, Seto doesn't like it being brought up in front of him. Since he's come out of bed rest, he's been wandering back and forth a lot. Quentin has warned Seto from pushing himself too hard, but he's stated many times before that he understands his boundaries and feels comfortable with how much he's doing.

If he says he feels fine, then it's on his own hands if anything happens to him afterwards. It's not one of Ty's concerns anyways. All he has to worry about is who he wants to take with him to the meet and greets. Truthfully, the deadline for his final decision is in two days and he hasn't thought about it; and it's not that he doesn't want to go with Adam, but he wants to do it with someone else. Preferably, someone he hasn't gotten to know very well in the last couple weeks since his arrival.

In the darkness of his room, he hears rustling, the sound slowly creeping towards him. He would've checked where the noise was coming from, but he was too tired to be curious. Then suddenly, he was vigorously being shaken awake. It wasn't even subtle considering how violently he was being rocked back and forth on his bed. Ty's eyes bolted open as his heart raced a mile a second, trying to gain consciousness of his surroundings. He could see a shadow looming over him as his heart fell to his stomach.

"Rise and shine sleepy head!" Jerome shouted loud and proud. He finally stopped shaking Ty and let him take in what was going on. Ty felt jittery after the shaking stopped. He attempted to sit up straight on his bed, but couldn't. He failed multiple times until he decided to stop and roll over instead. At the edge of his bed, he saw Jerome standing enthusiastically over him. He was dressed as if prepped for battle with armor plates on his body. Underneath it, he wore a casual white long sleeved shirt and black pants. Ty blinked several times, making sure he wasn't still dreaming. "Jerome?"

"That's me! Now come on, first day of training and we got no time to waste!" Jerome stated as he began taking his leave. "Get dressed and we'll head to the training grounds." Ty yawned as he swung his legs over his bed, finally being able to sit up properly. "Why didn't you tell me training began today?"

"I thought Mitch told you," Jerome shifted the blame onto Mitch. Ty wasn't happy with the late notice, but he was interested on how his training days would be like; so he let it pass. "Sorry about that Ty. I'll be outside your room when you're ready."

Jerome gently closed the door as to not disturb the rest of the team sleeping nearby. Ty got off the bed and stretched while thinking about how Jerome entered his room to begin with, the door was locked. He didn't bother checking the time as he put on clothes he found in his drawer. He was still pretty sleepy as he made his way to the door, rubbing his eyes to try and wake up a little more.

Jerome was leaning up against the wall next to the door, seeing it slowly open as a tired Ty stepped out. Before Jerome could say anything, Ty pitched in with his own thoughts. "How did you sneak into my room if I locked it last night?"

"Oh, I asked Adam for a key to your room just in case you didn't hear me knocking," Jerome explained. Ty stared at him, puzzled with his tired eyes. "Wow, good to know." Jerome smiled as he grabbed Ty's wrist and dragged him along to the training grounds. Ty was caught off guard and stumbled on his feet as he tried to measure up to Jerome's speed. "Woah, can you slow down!"

"Nope, I'm going to drag you every morning until you learn to run beside me," Jerome pressed on. "Just a simple tactic to boost your running more quickly." Ty pants as he gasps for air, tired of his feet tripping over each other. Once they arrived, Ty had to ease into a stop because he was not used to the speed. He curled his back and placed his palms on his knees for support. Adam has dragged him multiple times, but this one was harder to keep up with. He can say with certainty that he was awake now.