o n e

𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐈
ミ★
o n e
❝first encounters❞
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

[......]

It's hard to pinpoint exactly where and when this story should take place. My life— well, an aspect of my life, had become a complicated atrocity all too suddenly.

I suppose starting from where it all began— the beginning of university— would help with the first stroke of the bigger picture. University is the place where I thought I would hang up my pointe shoes for good and live a "better" life.

It is the place that I assumed would be able to spark my interest in the sciences and research labs. I could begin a new journey— or so I believed.

It is the place I thought I would find myself; instead, I found him.

What I found, however, did not mean I wouldn't bring anyone else down with me along the way, nor that they wouldn't bring me down also.

What I found became the inhabitant of many atrocities, one greater than the next.

I thought it could be me— the mirroring pretense of an image of who I thought I was.

I only got so far before realizing that a student could only be so much without her professor.

[......]

September
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

September━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Eunha, Boo."

My posture perks at the sound of my name and I stand amidst the crowd of impatient university students.

The room is musty and wooden struck, and easily mistaken for the setting of an old gothic tale, or a dramatized explanation of a wizardry boarding school.

Loomis University for the Gifted, or LUG, can be categorized by the mythical, dark presence following the dim lit hallways and over-arching high ceilings, or simply by the elitist snots that fill in every vacant spot in the classrooms.

I wouldn't categorize myself as a snot. I'm more-so just an ordinary eighteen year old who has yet to decide what career path I want to take.

Loomis is the best option given that each program within it is acclaimed— which, brings me back as to why I'm standing in a musty room filled with impatient university students.