t e n

ミ★
ten
❝print talks❞
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

ミ★ ten❝print talks❞━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"It's better if you just. . . don't touch anything," Jungkook instructs me with a kind smile when we enter the Dark Room.

I'm thankful that he remembered the Dark Room keys when we arrive. Jungkook rustles with the door handle for a moment before he is able to push it open, and the familiar scent of chemicals engulf my senses. It feels more eerie than the other morning to be walking in here: the sky outside being dark pastels, and the end of the day approaching quicker than I anticipated.

I sigh as the door closes behind me, and Jungkook sets his bag down on one of the tables. I'm slightly confused because the lights are on like normal, yet Professor had us standing in a red hue last time.

I'm silent as I watch Jungkook. I'm looking around the room at a bunch of equipment that I have seen in photos from the Dark Room packet Professor gave to us, but I have no idea what anything does. Jungkook is pulling out trays, handling frames and pouring different labeled solutions into small bins quickly as if he has done this millions of times before. I wouldn't doubt that he has.

My legs ache when I relax into a stool; it reminds me that I have quite the burden of making a decision in the next twenty-four hours— for the audition. I'm not ready for tomorrow. I know it's what I want; I've always known that it's what I want. But it's not about what I want.

Sometimes I need to make decisions for the greater good. That's what my father says, anyway.

Jungkook unzipping his backpack is what draws me from my thoughts. I lean my elbows against the table and watch as he handles the materials. I'm anxiously nibbling on my lip.

"Did you get any good photos of Jimin?" I ask. I sound pathetic; Jungkook is basically doing every photography assignment for me.

He blinks at my question as if in a train of thought. He is frozen and holding two discs in his hand that he pulled out from a tray. I'm watching him expectantly waiting for an answer.

Jungkook avoids looking at me when he responds hesitantly, ". . .err, no. I just took photos of you."

"That's okay," I sigh. "How'd they come out?"

I can't say I know of anything that Jungkook is doing at the moment. My interest is peaked merely due to curiosity, seeing as he works intricately and diligently to not mess anything up. When I glance up from his hands, he blinks away from looking at me.