EDWARD PARSON

As each day passed the people became even more distraught. Some of them even heard strange voices speaking softly in the middle of the night. These ramblings consisted of incoherent gibberish and unfinished sentences. A barmaid that-worked at the "BOARS DEN" was greeted to very otherworldly sight on her return home from that cesspool of a tavern. Upon unlocking the door, a distinctive voice greeted her arrival. There was only one man that could bellow such sweet words to her with such a raspy undertone. And that man would be Edward Parson....... "Katherine oh, how I have missed you!" Katherine stood there transfixed on what appeared to be the former head man-at-arms. His was an apparition some kind. Not quite solid but not quite that of a will-o-wisp! A coldness enveloped the room...... As she breathed out a chilling fog exited trembling lips! Partially decayed flesh ripe with all manner of carrion devouring insects, crawled about their business, undisturbed by their food source's sudden animation! His armor was now tarnished and rusted to match the hue of his skin. A pair of empty eye sockets adorned a skull devoid of a face! The revelation of seeing her dead beloved proved too be much for her to grasp!Weakened knees buckled from the overpowering mental burden. Katherine's fearful eyes rolled back and closed as she fell softly to the wooden floor! He had married Katherine right before the last great war. And promised to return to her after his campaign at "Nolten's Valley" had ended. They kissed and said their goodbyes as he placed a single "Yellow Primrose" in her hair, before mounting his horse and riding off with the others. Katherine waved him goodbye as burdensome tears could not be restrained any longer. She had received some dreadfully harrowing news only a few days into the first engagement. Edward died protecting King Duncan from certain death. He gave the king his horse as they were overrun by overwhelming numbers of paid mercenaries. As his majesty rode off seeking safety, a valiant Edward fought unselfishly......No mention of this heroic deed ever came to light until the king's squire told Katherine about her husband's demise. He felt obligated to tell her for the sake of his friendship with Edward. She despised the ruler of the kingdom wholeheartedly like no other! And with just cause.