[Turning You] On! Chapter 16

VOTE.COMMENT.LIKE.TWEET.TELLAFRIEND

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She's Out Of My Life - MIchael Jackson

Chapter 16

Brielle

I sat in Terry’s room as him and his Dad talked downstairs. His door was closed and I could hear every word they were saying perfectly clear.

“She’s your mom Terry! What do you expect me to do? Just deny her the right to see you.” His dad shouted.

“Yea, she lost her rights a long ass time ago when she left,”

“I can’t do that, she’s you mother. You’ve been ignoring her letters and any attempt she has made to get in contact with you.” He said speaking softer causing me to strain to hear his words.

“What am I suppose to write back to a mom that walked out on me?” he asked. There was silence for awhile and then I heard Terry speak again.

“You know she walked out on you too Dad. She left you for another man, so how can things just be all kosher between the two of you. Are you seriously going to have dinner with your ex-wife and the man she left you for?”

“You learn to forgive and forget Terry,”

“Not when it comes to shit like this.” Terry yelled. “So do you think if you had done this to her, that she was just forgive and forget?”

“That doesn’t matter Terry,”

“It does matter. She left us Dad. It’s supposed to be just me and you. I don’t want to talk to the family she left us for.”

“Son, I know that you are hurt by your mom’s actions, but she’s your mom Terry. She brought you into this world and despite what she did I know she loves you.”

“That’s bullshit and you know it.”

“Terry please your mom will be here any second and she deserves some respect from you.”

“She doesn’t deserve shit from me so I hope she doesn’t expect anything.”

“Terry please just sit down and have dinner with us. Please just do it for me. Don’t make me go through this dinner alone.” I knew at that moment that Mr. C had gained some sympathy from Terry especially when I heard him say nothing for awhile.

“Brielle’s eating with us,” I heard him say giving in.

“That’s fine.” His dad said coming to a solution. “Go get Brielle, your mom should be here soon.” It wasn’t long before  I saw Terry walking through the door.

“Hey, did you hear everything.” I nodded. “You don’t mind do you?”

“No Terry, it’s cool,”

“Okay let’s go,” He said grabbing my hand and pulling me off of the bed.

“You owe me though,” I told him as we bounded down the stairs.

“I got you B,” He said. We entered the kitchen and Mr. C was putting the dishes on the table.

“Mr. C I didn’t know you could clean up like this.” I stated. He laughed.

“Very funny Brielle.” He said as he took something out the oven. The doorbell rang at the moment and then there was an awkward silence.

“Terry can you get the door” Mr. C asked.

“I’ll pass,” He said. His dad groaned before going to open the door. I stood next to Terry against the counter.

“You okay?” I asked hm.

“Yea, I’m cool,” He said pulling me against him. I laughed. His mom and Dad came back and I stepped away from him.

“Hey Terry,” He said nothing.

“Nice seeing you again Brielle,” She said.

“You too,” I replied.

“This is Ben,” She said introducing the guy standing next to her. He was tall with blond hair that looked like it was beginning to thin out. He had dark grey eyes that matched his shirt. “I left the kids at home with a babysitter. I thought it would be better if you met them later.”

“Or not at all” Terry muttered under his breath. I elbowed him in his side.

”How about we get ready to eat?” Mr. C said guiding everyone to the table. I took my seat next to Terry and Terry’s mom sat next to him with Ben on her other side and Mr. C on the side of me.

“So you and Brielle are dating right?”

“Yup,” Terry said uninterested.

“For how long?” She asked.

“You should know not that long, since you know we just moved here.”

“I didn’t know when you moved Terry,”

“Oh so you just send letters to random addresses at random times.” Terry stated catching her in a lie. She got quiet and began playing with her food.

“She’s a really beautiful girl. Terry’s lucky to have you.” She said.

“No, I’m lucky to have him. I don’t know what I would do without him. I’m really glad that I’m a part of his life and I wouldn’t give that up.” I said taking his side a little with was kind of bias of me but I couldn’t help it. Terry smiled at me and I couldn’t stop myself from smiling back it was contagious.

“So Terry are you aware that your mom misses you very much?” Ben asked. That was definitely the wrong move for him to make. I knew that Terry wanted nothing to do with him so anything he said was going to anger him.

“Were you aware of the fact that Cathy was married before you started screwing around with her.” I gasped. I knew it would make Terry angry but I didn’t think that he would reply with that.

“Terry,” His dad said in a demanding  tone.

“What?” Terry asked back using the same tone. He lowered his voice and spoke calmly. “Dad I’m not okay with this and I’m not going to pretend like I am. I’m just going to leave. Brielle and I will pick up something to eat.” He said standing up and grabbing my hand. I sighed.

“I’ll see you later Mr. C. it was nice meeting you.” I said to them before turning to leave.

“Terry,” I said as I walked outside. “She is your mom.” I said gaining a bit of sympathy for the woman.

“What?”

“I mean maybe you shouldn’t be so hard on her or maybe you should try to make it work just for your Dad.” I told him. “Your dad loves you and I don’t think he would do anything that wasn’t best for you.”

“I don’t want to have anything to do with her, so I wish that he would just stop pushing it on me.” He told me. I went and wrapped my arms around his waist.

“You’re cold, I’m hope you never get this mad at me, because if you did I would have to fix it real quick.”

“And how would you fix it?” he asked pressing me up against his car.

“That’s for me to know, just know that I know how to do it.” I said pecking him on the lips. He laughed.