Chapter Four - Party from Hell

Herb's POV

After the Gem episode, I slowly backed into my room, Stella following me, twitching her fluffy tail. Shadow stared at me quizzically and pushed me back into my room to grill me about what just happened.

"What just happened?"

"Well, Umbreon, you just shoved me into my bedroom onto my bed and then-"

"Not that! I'm talking about out there!"

"Eevee, would you like to go talk to Glaceon?"

"Leafy, Glaceon doesn't talk" Stella replied, staring at the floor.

"Sure she does! Why don't you go ask her if she wants a drink? And then ask Espy to get her one!!"

"Yeah, Eevee, I'm sure Glaceon will appreciate that!"

Eevee smiled happily and bounced out the room.

"You owe me a million pounds."

I stared at Shadow, "What? Why?"

"I helped you out yesterday with lying to Jolteon and the others about you sleeping with Flareon."

I choked on thin air and doubled over in my coughing fit.

"We weren't sleeping together! He had a nightmare so I let him stay in bed with me so he wasn't scared." I choked out through coughs.

"You are going to sit there, look me in the red eyes and tell me that nothing is going on between you and Flareon."

"Yes, there is nothing going on between me and Flareon"

Shadow stared deep into my eyes to see if I would blink. When I didn't, she sighed and tried again. "But you want there to be..."

I glared at her. "What are you saying?"

"I'm saying you want to suck his-"

I interrupted her by choking again, and coughing like crazy at what she just said, well, tried to say anyway. I mean, she was right, I did want to do exactly that, but Solar doesn't feel the same way about me! No way. He's Russian. Just... there can't be. But then again, why would he talk to me in the middle of the night? We aren't exactly best friends, and surely he'd rather cuddle with his brother than some random branch like me.

That made me think about Spike. What a fitting name. Well, I guess saying that makes me a hypocrite. Herb Leafeon isn't exactly unique. Anyway, I think Spike needs to get his head out of his arse and realise that he isn't the only one who had a rough childhood, or the only one from another country. He plays the victim card so many times and we're all getting sick of him being a jerk. That's just my opinion but I think Shadow will agree.

Talking of Shadow, she's sweet. She's a little intense and scary at times, but I wouldn't say anyone's really afraid of her. She's got this intense country accent - sounds like she's from Texas, but I wouldn't ask her. She's a nice girl, but she knows too much. I know I could probably tell her things and be sure my secrets were safe with her, but I still wouldn't. She'd judge me. She prefers to be alone, and is rather hard to read.

I feel the others would accept me, minus Spike and Solar, but I don't know how I would approach telling them. Also, I don't think they like me. I want to change that and end hatred, all hatred that is. I wish to end all forms of abuse and wars. I would say I am a pacifist, but I could never admit it. I just hope one day they'll understand.

Anyway, today is Willow and Tiaga's birthday, and they're having yet another party. I'm actually worried because this is the first one with alcohol, but I won't be having any, and neither will Willow or Tiaga. I can next year, but for now I'm just seventeen. I ushered Shadow out of my room so I could get changed. I closed the door on her, and flinched when she yelled at me through the keyhole.