Chapter Nine - Pants on Fire

Willow's POV

I just can't believe what I saw. No way!! Vaporeon and Espeon??????????

I ran back upstairs from the cafeteria, turns out they did both bagels and hotdogs ~I knew I was right~ and looked through the window of the door. They were kissing! Awww they are so cute together!!

I guess they must've seen me at the door because they broke apart very quickly and Vaporeon came over to open the door. I decided to play dumb.

"He-y Misty! So you're feeling better? Getting up and about? That's great! It's all great!"

Vaporeon just looked so done with me. "Willow we know you saw us. We saw you gawking through the window in the door."

~| Time skip cause I'm lazy |~

Time: 7:45 pm

When we got home we were greeted by a flurry of fur, each pokémon trying to hug Vaporeon all at the same time.

We finally managed to get through the front door and into the house after about ten minutes, and I sat down on the couch next to Jolteon. Flareon sat on Jolteon's other side and Umbreon sat next to Flareon. We're watching this brutal box set on Netflix, about a young Eevee who gets kidnapped and has to try and escape, but everyone he loves gets killed along the way. It's great. We're finally on the last episode, where we find out who the murderer is.

Jolteon got up to get more popcorn, and Flareon joined him, leaving
just me and Umbreon. After a while of sitting in silence, Espeon called out to us. "You guys are coming round to my parents' house later, aren't you?"

Umbreon and I shared a glance as I realised what she was talking about. I responded "Yes, of course! My mum's all booked in to babysit. We'll be round there at 10."

"9."

"Just testing."

Umbreon started ranting at me when they left. "Sylveon! Are you stupid? Now we have to go round to theirs! And we can't watch the end of the series!" Jolteon walked in and caught only the last sentence.

"What? Why can't we watch it?" He asked, loud enough for Flareon to hear, who came in just after.

"Why can't we watch it?" Flareon asked, sitting back in his place on the sofa.

"We're going round to Espeon's parents' house for dinner." I explained, fiddling with my ribbons.

Jolteon pulled me aside, but spoke loud enough for the others to hear, "Wh-at."

"I agreed to it last week and it just slipped my mind. I'm sorry, I forgot."

"I'm sorry you remembered." He snapped back, but with a hint of humour in his voice. Smirking, I tried to think of a solution.

"What are we gonna do?" I asked, drumming my hands on the counter in thought.

"Can't you just tell Espeon that we don't wanna go? She'll understand." He suggested. I sighed in response.

Umbreon called out from the couch, "No she won't. Jolteon, Espeon was bad enough when I had to cancel a coffee morning to go on trial. Trust me, we cannot tell her the truth."

"Can't we say Eevee's sick?" I suggested.

"What, you mean lie?" Flareon piped up, next to Umbreon.

"Unless you wanna poison her for the sake of your conscience." Jolteon remarked, staring pointedly at the floor. "It's not gonna be that bad. Kids get sick all the time, Espeon'll get it."