S E T T E

Squalo was ready to pull his hair out, he had been making calls all afternoon, and then evening as well, to the Vongola to get another copy of the paperwork and they were fucking him around at every stage of getting the paperwork.

Vongola were putting him through all the paperwork loops, they wanted to know why he needed, where exactly it had gone, who had taken it, why did he need a copy if they were from the Varia, did they need to worry about any information leaks. Even when he got to the end of all the bureaucracy he still got stonewalled on another copy being sent, they had to do it by hand, the Vongola never sent important paperwork via any electronic method, they could be monitored, and they could be intercepted much easier then someone having to track and remove the paperwork from any of their specially trained couriers.

Paper and hand deliver were the only way to send this paperwork, so even though he had finally managed to talk his way around every question the Vongola had been asking he still had to wait 12 hours for another copy to arrive.

That was twelve hours where Xanxus could arrive at the location and begin his job, all with the civilian six year old in his care. The day was going from bad to worse and Squalo was only moments from screaming and going on a killing spree himself.

Fuck he hated that arrogant bastard boss sometimes, he never fucking thought before he acted, and taking a child, a six year old child, a civilian at that on a job, what the fuck had he been thinking?!

"You keep pulling your hair like that you'll go bald." Mammon noted while she floated in to check on the teen, Squalo spared her a dirty look before going back to the papers in front of him.

"If you're not going to help then fuck off." Squalo snarled while Mammon rolled her eyes at the teen, she was sure he was over reacting, the boss wasn't going to let the kid get hurt. So, he had taken the kid on a mission, big whoop, he probably had her holed up in a hotel room while he killed people.

Mammon had done some thinking about it while handling the bribery of certain Vongola personnel to get Squalo the re-issue of his information.

Mammon of course taking back recompense from Squalo with a hefty fee on top. It was however quicker to just pay her, Mammon knew people that Squalo had no chance of getting to, the Arcobaleno had been around for a lot longer than him in this industry, and Squalo wasn't exactly the easiest person to get along with, often rubbing people the wrong way, which left him floundering when he needed someone to help him.

Squalo would be broke for a while, but he was sure he could make some of it back with the photos from the first meeting with Tsuna, at least he had something Mammon didn't have that he could sell to Nono and his other sons.

"Well if you insist, enjoy cleaning up this mess~" Mammon smirked while floating slowly towards the door, knowing well that Squalo had no choice but to keep her help, if she disappeared then he was in the dark until the paperwork finally turned up sometime very early tomorrow morning.

"..." Mammon cocked an eyebrow while he muttered something.

"What was that strategic commander?" Mammon purred while Squalo shot her a dirty look.

"Don't go..." Mammon smirked at him. "I'll pay you." Squalo reluctantly groaned while Mammon cackled quietly to herself.

"Excellent, I'm at your service Squalo-kun~"

"Bastard brat." Squalo muttered while shooting Mammon glares still. Squalo hated having to rely on other people for anything, especially Mammon, the Arcobaleno added on extra costs as easily as anyone breathed. If he didn't sell some of the photos he had soon he was going to be broke before they got the bastard boss back from his tantrum.