T R E D I C I

Ages as of New Year's Day

Chrome: 6
Tsuna, Kyoko, Hana, Takeshi, Ken, Chikusa, Hayato: 7
Ryohei: 8
Kyoya, Mukurou, Belphegor: 9
Squalo: 15
Levi: 16
Xanxus: 17
Lussuria: 18
Mammon: too scared to ask~

~•~

Squalo set the drink down in front of Xanxus, the kids were in bed or sent home, it was just the Varia and the other guests now, Xanxus had come out for some quiet, he had enough of watching his brothers make fools of themselves and act like children.

"I snuck it out, don't you dare tell your father you stupid boss." Squalo growled while Xanxus tossed back the scotch Squalo had brought him.

"You really think I would? The old fart hates it when I drink." Squalo chuckled throwing himself into another seat and looking up at the stars, "Iemitsu still in there?"

"Yeah, complaining to Nono still." As soon as Timoteo had been free to talk Iemitsu had jumped on him to begin listing all the things he was upset about with his daughter being in the hands of the Varia.

"What an asshole." Xanxus muttered. "What sort of father treats his kid like that? Tsuna's not some possession he can order into the sort of kid he wants and the perfect little daddy's girl he has in his head. I hate trash like that." Squalo shrugged over to his boss.

"Fuck knows, but he is her father, maybe one day he'll act it?" Xanxus couldn't help but laugh at that, Squalo glaring at him while the teen tried to calm himself.

"Hell will freeze over before that ass starts to act like a father."

"You never know, maybe even stupid people like him can learn." Squalo shrugged, while he didn't like Iemitsu, the man was still Tsuna's father, maybe one day he would get over his own ego and realise what he was doing to his family, before he lost Tsuna and Nana.

"Never gonna happen trashy shark, in fact, if he ever does I'll stop drinking, forever!" Squalo glared at Xanxus while his superior chuckled to himself still over the thought of Iemitsu ever acting like a father.

"Fine! Until the bastard does start acting like a father I won't... um... I won't-" it had to be something that was a visible reminder of the deal, if Xanxus bet on cutting off drinking forever he needed to do something just as obvious. "I won't cut my hair!"

Xanxus stared at him in silence for a minute before bursting out into laughter again. "Prepare to have the brats plaiting your hair then Squalo-chan, it's gonna be down to your feet and further before that ass even considers dropping his ego."

"No father can be that fucking stupid." Squalo retorted, surely Iemitsu was going to wake up one day, he had lost Tsuna already and it was going to take a miracle for the kid to think of him as a father if he didn't change his ways, but if he kept up his actions he might even push Nana away, surely not even Iemitsu was that stupid?

"Might as well start investing in hairbrushes, ribbons and conditioner shark, you're gonna be the prettiest shark scum in the Varia. You're gonna regret this when you're sober Squalo."

"You're gonna find out what sober feels like soon you shitty boss."

~•~

Last year he had missed it thanks to a last minute job that required his certain skill set, this year however Xanxus had smashed his mobile and destroyed the phone line to the mansion, placing subordinates at the airport to intercept any hand delivered orders and redirecting all mail back to Italy. Xanxus was going to spend New Year's Day with Tsuna.