Chapter 15

Alena's POV

               The party went over smoothly. James found his mate Jane, I met Jane today after the party ended when she started blabbering about how the moon goddess is unfair making him as her mate. I wanted to tell her to think of my situation, but I held my mouth shut and let her speak continuously for an hour. I sighed getting up from my room to go join him. "Hello alpha,"  I said making my way to the couch. He sighed "You don't need to call me alpha, I hated it whenever you called me alpha," he said arranging the bed. I nodded my head "Fine I will call you David then ? " mocking him, I went over to help him. He nodded "That's far better than that 'alpha David' or 'alpha' " his voice said it in annoyance. I chuckled...

               " Have you ever seen my wolf? I feel empty without her " I said watching him change into his casuals. He stilled the moment the words escaped my mouth. " You are probably going to hate me when I tell you this " walking towards me, he held my hand in his, circling soothing circles in the back of my hand. I arched an eyebrow "I know your wolf, its golden in color".  I could feel my eyes go wide hearing him say that. I mean I am not a topper for name sake, and I have read about the golden wolves.

                " I ordered the doctor to make your wolf sleep for a while, so he injected something to make your wolf sleep," He said hanging his head low. Mate or not, all know they have no ryte to make the other one's wolf sleep. The most precious things which happens in our life is 1 ) you find your wolf and 2) you find your mate. The worst things are exactly the opposite of those. "You fucking didn't have the right to do that " I shouted, forgetting all superiority and him being an alpha. " Watch your tone with me"  he snapped back making me cower right away. 

              I stood up not bothering to inform him where I am going, partially because I didn't know where I am going I started walking out of the room, only to be pulled back into the room . I sighed " Let me go " I tried getting out of his grip. " Let me fucking go " I growled before my head snapped towards my right. I can feel my cheeks stinging. He made a mistake and he slapped me. So much for acting brave and an awesome gift after our first kiss today. I can feel my eyes filling with those unshed tears. He blinked, once, twice then started backing away from me. Staring at my eyes "I...I am sorry " with that he jumped out of the window. Probably out for a run. 

            Brian and Tyler barged inside the room within seconds after David left. "Our wolf sensed you were in trouble," they said in unison. They both gave a confused look at each other and directed their gaze towards me.  "What happened to your cheeks? " Tyler asked walking towards me, Brian following him. "Its nothing" Just the time I finished telling that, we all heard a distant howl, a very sad and a painful one. Other wolves followed in pursuit, sensing their alpha's distress. "He did that to you " pointing out to my cheek, Brian asked. I nodded "My mistake though," I said as each of them sat beside me.

         Tyler chuckled " I don't feel bad for you. At all. I feel very bad for him though" he said still chuckling to himself. I and Brian gave him a  confused look, which indirectly meant him to explain himself, which he did. "You see, whenever he loses control over his wolf and hurt someone, he punishes himself by training extra time or doing pack works extra time," Tyler said staring into his hands. "Now he hurt his mate, he will punish himself by keeping a distance from you" Tyler smirked telling that. Why does Tyler look like an evil guy when he smirks?  And coming to the problem in hand...

        Oh, shoot! He is not punishing himself by keeping his distance from me, its also a punishment to me. I mean today's just a kiss was awesome. I groaned in frustration. Both Tyler and Brian started laughing suddenly clutching their stomach. "What do you mean by 'just a kiss'? "  Brian asked gasping for air when Tyler laughed even harder. I want to poke their teary eye by something sharp, but embarrassed " Did I say that loud ?"I asked staring at my hands biting my lips. They started doubling over their laughter as they saw my red cheeks due to embarrassment. After composing themselves they nodded.  "Oh," I said before lying down, showing them I am tired. They both said there goodbyes before walking out of the room still chuckling and discussing my 'just a kiss'.

              Today's events were awesome until the slap. I know by heart what he did was right. I mean caging my wolf was the correct thing to do if it was free the consequences would have been dreadful. The slap was given by Zander, his wolf. Alpha's wolf cannot tolerate anyone's disrespect including his mate. Its quite nature...I sighed. I shouldn't have raised my voice. He would take this hard on him, I mean that. He can't forgive himself for hurting his mate, that is hurting me. I don't know how long will he take to come out of his guilt and talk to me. Why does everything feel unusual in the pack ? with that thought in mind I fell into a deep dreamless sleep.....