Chapter 28

Alena's POV

          I opened my eyes, to see David smiling at me. "Feeling good?" He asked as he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. I nodded, yawning I started to sit. "I was rude yesterday, I am sorry," I said hanging my head low. "Speak to Brian, he acts as if the world I going to end soon...you know his wolf isn't that strong as mine and Tyler so he got offended soon. I love you and I have work today so bye" he said walking out of the door. I stood up from the bed did my morning routines, took shower and wore a t-shirt and shorts. I walked towards the ground to practice, alone I guess. I sighed, "Hey Brian, I am going to practice you are coming?" I asked trying to sound casual, but I think he can sense my doubt clearly. I tried to give him a smile but I guess it didn't look like an actual smile.

         "If Luna wants sure I can do it," he said with a sincere smile but I know he is sad inside. "I am sorry, I didn't mean to...I didn't even get chance to see my mom and she left me here all alone to face all the torture I have been facing my entire life" I whispered just for him to here as my eyes prickled with tears. He hugged me suddenly taking me off guard "I know how your life was...you don't have to explain and I understand," he said squeezing me in his hug. I was about to say I can't breathe when we heard a large growl which made us vibrate. We both turned our head to see David standing there clenching his fist. "What is happening here?" He asked through gritted teeth as his eyes turned to pitch black.

            "Um...um.." "friendly hug? You know we were speaking about yesterday's events and just got okay with it now" Brian said dancing on his spot with a sheepish smile. 'Kace is missing' we heard Alex in pack mind link. 'Better don't be lying' I warned for which he replied that he is not. We turned to see Brian and its clear he is trying to be sane and he is fighting with his wolf. After a few mins of him taking heavy breaths, he suddenly fell to the ground with a loud thud. "Whoever took her is hurting her," he said clutching his leg.

          "David do something" I screamed as I helped Brian stand up
"I wish they don't do something more than this....it hurts and I know it's just half the pain she is experiencing...she doesn't like to feel helpless, I know for sure she is putting up a fight and that girl is stupid" he said chuckling but his eyes shows how scared he is. I used wind and took him to the pack hospital, he needs some rest. I went to his office "David you found something, anything?" I asked him as soon as I opened the door. He just shook his head and sighed. "No scent, no tracks, and nothing". "It's probably James," I said and he just nodded.

           "How is my brother?" Tyler asked "he is fine for now...he is scared for her," I said and he nodded. "I know that feel" he whispered to himself but I heard it clearly. "Let's think and let us start the war before they do...when they least expect," I said firmly for which they both nodded. We were speaking about the plans when we heard someone scream in pain. I didn't even waste a second as I dashed towards the sound.

           There he is sitting in the bed, clutching the side of the bed as tears streamed down his face freely. He spotted me and I just walked to him despite the protest of doctors who tells he is not in his correct mind. You don't care what others say when your friend is in almost pain right? I don't know about you but I am like that. "Hey...Hey just calm down please, tell us what happened" I asked in a soft voice. "Can you just tell everyone to go out? I don't want them staring at me like that except David " he said his voice strained. I nodded and everyone started walking out.

         "She is gone" he whispered and that is enough to make my wolf come out. "She is dead, she is gone, she can never make fun of me again, she can never hug me again, I can never kiss her again, I can never see her smile again, why should your mother take her away from me this soon?" He choked before hanging his head low staring at the floor. I hugged him as he hugged me back. "Sh...sh.. just go to sleep," I said as the doctor injected him with something which helps him to sleep for a while. I covered him with a blanket. "He is going to pay for my friend's death" I growled as I felt my power oozing through every pore of my body. "Probably you should go to sleep too,"  David said as I felt a stinging sensation on my neck. I turned to see a doctor and he injected me too...fuck!! I can see black spots filling my vision and the next thing I knew my legs gave up and David catching me before I fell to the ground.