Chapter 19

David's POV

         Yesterday was tragic. The happiness which we experienced was just for a few minutes before the war occurred and took everything away . It was a bunch of rogues but I am sure there is a mastermind behind this attack, normally rogues won't form a group and attack. They get paid or guaranteed their wish if they ever do an attack in a group. Thinking of Tyler and Chloe, I don't know...... I just feel like  I failed as an alpha to protect them and my pack members. It will take a very long time to bring Chloe's cheerfulness and it will take even longer time for Tyler's. He thinks he is the reason for the loss of his pup and Chloe's pain. 

       My mate on top of it lost her control on her wolf when she felt her pack members in danger, hate to admit but if not her wolf the rogues would have won. I know she couldn't remember anything, but her blood-red eyes, her body posture when her aura changed into a different level. Even my wolf felt to submit to her wolf and her strong aura. She killed 20 rogues who stood in her way, just in her human form. Pack members who tried to stop her from going out of the territory were thrown at a tree. It took a hell of a lot of time to bring her back to her normal self and it was me who did that. Even though I was thrown at the ground, again and again, I couldn't let my mate going on her rampage blindly...

        I started walking to her room, I felt bad for not answering her questions but I need her to take rest, I didn't want her to stress herself.  I opened her room to see it is empty, so I followed her scent. I reached Tyler's room and opened the door slowly, incase Tyler is sleeping. The scene I am seeing right now is breaking my heart, even though I am an alpha and my wolf is over-possessive over his mate, The trust I have on my mate and Tyler dominates my wolf's growl. I can see my mate hugging Tyler and Tyler hug her back tightly as if his life is dependent on that hug, he is scared of future and it breaks me to see Tyler in this state. His body shook uncontrollably as tears streams down his cheeks staining my mate's hospital gown. I can feel my wolf's pride seeing his mate in a luna way.

            I closed the door again giving him some time to cry. If I enter, Tyler will go beta mode and he won't get the comfort he needs right now. I left my wolf to take me wherever he wants me to and he walked towards Chloe's room. I was confused but opening the door I know why my wolf took me here. "Stop it right now Chloe" I ordered her in my alpha tone which she couldn't object. I slowly walked towards her, taking the knife from her hand I slapped her hard on her cheek. She is my only sister and I am not taking any chance of losing her. " Are you mad? Do you think inflicting pain on yourself will get you out of this mess? " I half-shouted at her. She looked down, averting my eye. I sighed and sat beside her as she scooted away to give me someplace to sit in the bed.

           "Think of your mate Chloe... think what will he do if you are not there for him. Doing that is not a proper way to live your life, you will get addicted to doing that again and again. Trust me I know ." I said lifting her chin up to look into her teary eyes. She suddenly jumped and hugged me, I held her small figure in my arm as her whole body trembled. " I know you lost your pup today but you have lots of years ahead of us and you can have many kids as you want again. Life doesn't get over with this....your mate needs you...he blames himself for failing you and the pup" I whispered near her ear in a calm voice. She nodded her head still sobbing in my shoulders. " I.. I screamed at Ale to get out of the room...I need to ask sorry to her " she sobbed and smiled. They are really true friends. I nodded my head as she gave me a tight hug and tried to give me a small smile. 

                 That is what the problem is, whatever the problem is both Tyler and Chloe always don't fail to give their smile, their own smile which will give people warmth and comfort. I kissed her forehead before walking away in finding my mate. "Chloe is asking for you," I said as soon as I spotted her. She gave me a hug suddenly, and actually its a bit different as I am not a hug person, but I hugged her back tightly. "Tyler needs you," she said. "I will check on other injured pack members and I will go see Tyler ?" I asked and its again new to me as I am asking her permission without doing my own thing . "okay" she said nodding her head before giving me a peck on my cheeks and walking away to meet Chloe. 

                  I am smiling like a stupid after she went, enjoying the tingling sensation in my cheeks. I snapped out of the feel as I started checking on the pack members. We have lost 6 members and others are pretty injured. I entered Tyler's room and gave him a manly hug. "Thanks for you man...that I am alive," I said as I sat beside him. "Don't thank me, just avenge my pups and the death of the pack members?" he said firmly as his eyes turned black. I nodded without hesitation as I owe my life to him. If he hadn't jumped in time to block a wolf's hit on me, when I spoke to my mate in private link to tell her to control her wolf, I would have been six feet under ground. "I will avenge your pup's and the other pack members death," I said my voice promising, nodding my head . "most importantly go speak to your mate, she needs you as much as you need her, " I said giving my stern look. "I will after I see the pack members," He said giving me a look that he won't change his mind. "You have asked me why I took you as my beta, but not Brian....the answer is you always put pack before everyone which includes your mate and it needs a strong heart to do that.." I said, as he gave me a polite smile and started walking towards the door to check on pack members. I am lucky to have him as my beta and a brother...

____#$/@#$/___

                 Hello everyone !! Hope you liked this chapter, and feel free to point out errors in this ch if you find any =)

                Lot's of Love    xx