Chapter 30

Alena's POV

        "I shouldn't have said that to him" I pouted as I cuddled with David. He kissed my forehead "it's not your fault and they were madly in love even before they knew they were mates, you didn't know that...I really don't have any idea how he is feeling as I don't know how it feels to lose someone you love" he whispered as he snaked his arm around my waist pulling me closer. "I think I should speak to my mother then," I said for which he frowned. I sighed closing my eyes and wished to really speak with her from my heart as she said.

       I can feel myself slip from this world after a few minutes of me wishing to see her. I opened my eyes to see I am in the white place when I first met her..I mean when I heard her voice. "Hello, darling. What do you want to speak about ?" She asked her voice so calm and soothing to hear. "Why did Kace have to be taken too soon? I mean how did she die, who kidnapped her?" I asked her hurriedly. She chuckled at my questions. Seriously it's not time for her to smile. "I can't answer those questions dear. I can only help you. If I answer those questions you may know what's in the future which is against nature. I will support you but couldn't help you predict the future. Bye, darling until next time." She said before my vision became dark again.

           "No use" I muttered when David sighed rubbing my arms. "I want to check on Brian. We shouldn't have left him to stay alone." I said as I stood up from the bed and started wearing my shoes. He nodded in agreement before getting himself ready.

         We reached the private house within 10 min. I was about to knock the door but realized the door was open already. I slowly opened the door and walked in closely followed by David. The place is utterly dark and I walked towards the switchboard to switch on the light. I felt like I hit something with my foot near the switch making me jump. I quickly switched on the light and looked down making my heart shatter into pieces.

          Brian is sitting down with his hands hugging his legs. His head leaning on the wall his eyes closed facing the ceiling. His cheeks clearly tear-stained and his eyes and nose are red and swollen. I can feel myself straining to keep my tears at bay. I turned to look at David who stood still as if he doesn't understand what to do and never had been in this position.

       The fact that he didn't seem to sense our presence for this long made me think of various possibilities which aren't good. "I want to be alone at least now Alena" he growled and I could feel David trying to suppress his growl for the disrespect. 'Can you go...I mean I will speak with him. Go out for a run?" I asked in mind link and he just nodded before walking out the door. Thank God he is understanding.

        "I am sorry. Did you eat? " I asked when he opened his eyes to stare at me. His eyes seem to be empty like how he feels now. I didn't speak about it though. "I don't feel hungry" he shrugged before closing his eyes again. "Get up" I ordered for which he sighed getting up. "Now eat," I said before realizing I didn't prepare anything.

         I laughed nervously "um...I forgot I didn't prepare anything...let me make you something to eat. Pasta?" I asked for which he smiled before nodding while mumbling something. "Follow me" I ordered again making his smile wider. A very bit though.

       I made him pasta while he just stared at the wall. I cleared my throat which caught his attention. "Eat" I gave him his plate before sitting beside him. He just stared at the plate for a few minutes before pushing his plate away. "Do I act like a hero of some sort of movie whose love of his life had died?" He asked with a small chuckle which I am sure is a fake one. "You don't know how strong you and your wolf are Brian. With Kace gone, I know how difficult it is for you to walk around like nothing had happened " I sighed making him look at me. "Keep this in mind though, with you not eating and crying and staring at the wall like everything is over is not going to bring Kace back. It's easy for me to say I know but you have to move on. I am not telling you to wait for another mate but just try to move on?" I said which sounded more like a question. He sighed but nodded " You are right...it's not easy but that doesn't mean it is impossible. I will try my best" he smiled a half-smile.

        "Eat now" I softly said to him with a smile as he obeyed eating it. 'He is fine now. Meet you in the room" I said to David in mind link before blocking him not waiting for any reply. "You want anything ask away and if people give you pity looks just snap at them...it will make you feel better" I winked for which he chuckled which I guess is not a fake one. He hugged me and I hugged him back "this is the first hug without David's eyes on us I guess" he whispered when we heard a loud growl from David, only this time we both started laughing at him as he stood there confused not expecting us to laugh at him...

        Hope everything will be fine from here... Chloe lost her child, Brian lost his mate...I don't know what will happen next and I sure as hell don't want to know. Maybe I should give a visit to that alpha James and surrender myself...I feel that's the only way my pack will be safe...