3%

The injured young man continued to run as he panted heavily and limped away from his new pursuers. Why couldn't they just leave him alone? What did he do to anger them? He kept running and wished it would stop snowing as he made it to the lake. He started across and got half way before the ice broke under his feet.

He cried out and managed to hang on to the edge as he struggled to get out. He gasped at how cold it was and looked around for anything to help him out. he stabbed the ice with his dagger then tried to pull himself out again. He looked over to see the two that had chased him and they just watched him struggle. He ignored them and continued to try and get free.

"We need to help him." Prowl said seriously as he watched him struggle and try to get out of the freezing water.

"Why?" Arcee snapped as she glared at him. "He's going to die either way and we were going to kill him anyway." She muttered bitterly.

"You were going to kill him. I am going to help, and if you need to stop me or want to, you know how to try." he said seriously knowing he could easily take her down. She glared and watched him make his way out to the young man.

She crouched down and stayed hidden as she watched him, knowing he was going to die. Prowl crouched down and made his way over to the young man then scanned the are for danger before he got closer. He managed to get to him and gripped his arm as the young man shivered.

"J-j-just... end... m-my... m-m-m-misery." he shook and the older man narrowed his eyes as he carefully pulled him out of the ice and made his way to shore with him.

Arcee watched him then looked up to see someone on the other side of the lake. Her eyes widened as she looked at Prowl then at the figure. The person shot an arrow and hit the older man straight in the back.

Prowl gasped in pain as he tried to muffle his cries, not wanting to give their position away to anyone else. He fell to his knees and panted quietly as the shooter ran towards them. He shot another arrow and hit Prowl again making him fall over. Arcee ran to her friend as well and grabbed his bow and arrow when she got to him.

The woman dodged an arrow as it went for her head, she dropped to one knee and spun a little on the ice as she aimed. She shot the villain in the chest and he cried out as he fell back and into the icy water. She loaded another and aimed at the water then over at the tree line. When it was safe she quickly went to the other two.

She carefully pulled the arrows out of Prowls back then tied her jacket over the wounds. She looked at the young man and saw he was almost gone, then she decided to try and save her friend instead. There wasn't anyway she could save them both.

She got out a knife and the teen stared at her as he shivered. She covered his eyes with one hand so she didn't have to look at him as she prepared to end his life. Arcee killed the young man then took his supplies and looked around as the cannon sounded. She wrapped her arms under Prowl and grunted as she dragged him back to their safe place.

Once there she tended to his wounds as he lay by the fire. She stared blankly as she thought of the young man and hugged her knees to her chest. The woman was never bothered when she had to kill someone, but for some reason the kid got to her, and she didn't know why.

The way he looked at her as if he knew her or worse, trusted her. She shuddered and buried her face in her arms as she tried to fight the images in her head.

~

Bulkhead continued to run through the woods as he held on to Miko and looked around with worry. He stopped and crouched down as she woke and looked at him. He put a finger to his lips as he heard movement nearby. She hugged him tightly and shivered a little as they listened to some fighting then it fell silent as a cannon sounded. He waited for a few minutes then continued on his way to the lake.