5%

The man's ears continued to ring as he watched the chaos before him. He didn't know how this happened and couldn't understand why he was back in this place.

The shock over took him and he just stood there as he watched everyone kill each other. The children went down first then a few others that stayed too long to try and get supplies. Others took off and ran into the woods with nothing but their lives.

Prowl jumped a little as the cannons sounded when people fell, indicating they were dead. He looked over as Arcee ran at him with a sword in her hands. His eyes widened in surprise and he jumped off the pedestal as his instincts to survive over powered his shock.

He flipped over her head and ran to the supplies, grabbing a sword and backpack, he ran into the woods. He snatched a bow and arrow on his way and glanced around in confusion. The man climbed up a tree once he was out of sight and watched the area as he panted quietly. He counted the dead and glanced at the few still lingering in the field.

He quieted his breathing, so as not to get caught and watched as one man stabbed the bodies to make sure they were dead. Prowl narrowed his eyes as he stabbed the small boy and young girl. It wasn't right in his mind to kill the children first. Then again it saved them from the horrors of the world and saved them from living this nightmare.

Prowl grabbed his arrow and drew back the bow as he took careful aim then shot the man in the neck, he heard the cannon as the man went down. He didn't know what to do and just stayed where he was in the tree. He felt so lost and needed time to sort things out in his head.

He didn't understand why Arcee tried to kill him when they knew each other, he didn't know why they were all alive again, he didn't know why this was happening.

What was this nightmarish place where they had to kill each other?

When the night fell, he heard the fanfare and looked to the sky as the names of the fallen appeared. He silently memorized names and faces as quickly as he could, feeling it was important to do so. He didn't know why he bothered, but he did. He knew they were important and their families needed to know what happened to them.

"Rafael Jorge Gonzales Esquivel, Miko Nakadai ..." he whispered hoping to get their names right when he went to their family. "Elita... Smokescreen.... Starscream..." He trailed off and furrowed his brow. Some of these people seemed familiar. He finished memorizing the names of the fallen and looked around.

He waited for a while then slowly made his way to a small cave that was hard to reach. He looked around and further up the mountain then decided to go up there in the morning. He made camp and listened intently to the sounds of the world around him. The man sighed shakily and found a paper in his bag of supplies.

He looked at it then wrote the names down so he could remember. He stared at the stars then went to sleep for the evening. He decided to go exploring and find a way out of here tomorrow.

The next morning he woke to rumbling and the cave was becoming warmer by the minute as he lay there. He opened his eyes and stared at a faint glow further in the cave, He frowned as he got up then grabbed his backpack and put it on. He grabbed everything he brought inside and walked towards the glow of the cave.

It got hotter and he found the air was harder to breath. He felt as though he was in a desert as he started sweating. The cave opened up to a circular room and he frowned as he stepped inside.

The cave floor crumbled under his feet and he cried out as he fell. He managed to grab the ledge and quickly pulled a knife out then stabbed the ground to anchor himself. He panted heavily from the scare then glanced down at the glow as his eye's widened in horror.

Below him was a pit of lava that was slowly rising. He quickly pulled himself up, put his knife away, then ran like there was no tomorrow. He ran out and slid down the wall he climbed to get into the cave. He tumbled and grunted as he landed hard at the bottom. The man hissed in pain then looked up to see a few others glaring at him.

"Well this is an interesting turn of events." The older man said, who seemed to be the leader of the group of four. "What are you-" the mountain shook and the top blasted off as the volcano erupted.

Prowl jumped up and ran as the men stared in shock. The volcano shot out smoke and rained ash and fire on the jungle. Prowl stumbled as the ground shook again and split open in places. He glanced back at the lava as it made it's way down the mountain, and burned everything in it's path.

He heard yelling from the four men and figured they were fighting over something, or trying to kill each other. Prowl refused to stop and ran faster as he avoided the splitting earth and falling trees. He remembered the mudslide and how they ran along the hills, but he didn't know what to do here.

He heard screaming and looked back briefly to see someone in a tree fall into the lava. He shuddered as the cannon went off and he continued on. There was a lake in the center of this place, and he hoped it was safe and wouldn't kill him.

He heard more cannons and he tried to block everything out of his head. The screams, the fighting, the sobbing, the cries for help and cries of pain. He stopped himself and looked around as he heard the cries. His world felt like it was spinning as he tried to focus on who was where and how to help them. He gripped his head as the cannons went off and the cries continued to fill the air. He was being overwhelmed by everything and his head hurt.

He felt the heat from the lava and the earth shaking beneath him, the ash falling and burning his skin and the smell of death and sulfur filled the air. He didn't know what to do and kept running as he tried to get away from all this.

He gasped as the ground below him disappeared and he fell into the earth as he cried out. He squeezed his eyes shut and felt the impact and pain, making him gasp and cry out in agony.

He lay there after a moment and heard more cannons as people perished on the surface. He grunted weakly and closed his eyes as he faded, the sound of a cannon filling his ears one last time.

Tick tock.... tick tock... tick tock.... ti-

Why is this happening? I have to constantly watch as they die over and over again... when will this stop? When will they be free?