7%

This isn't how things are supposed to go. What's happening? Why won't the clock start?!

Please... we-

Silence! Fix the clock!

I... I can't... please... let them go....I'll help you if you just let- ah!

I said silence! Stop trying to interfere with things.

Please... can't you... can't you see it hurts them? Can't you see the pain you're putting them through? Just let them go... let them go...

Please... I'm begging you...

Listen to me... please...

~

There it was again. The feeling of rising up the tunnel and going to the dreaded platform again to face their doom. Prowl stared blankly as he moved to the opening, just standing on the platform as it rose. He was exhausted and his body was done with all this.

The clock had started up again and they were moving as if they were part of the cogs, gears, wheels or hammers. He shook his head tiredly as he tried to focus and not feel crazy.

He looked up to the light and closed his eyes. He had tried to escape back down here at one time, it didn't end well. He slowly opened his eyes and stared at his toes as he swayed a little. This was taking a toll on him.

After a moment he heard the blare to start and he glanced up to look at the others. He watched them attack and he furrowed his brow as he saw someone new. The man was just standing there and staring at the destruction. A look of pain and horror on his face.

Prowl blinked a couple times and glanced around as he snapped out of it then ran over to the man. The newcomer looked at him then jumped down and swung at him with his fists. Prowl ducked and jumped away as he put his hands up defensively.

"Peace!" he cried and grunted as the man punched him in the midsection. Prowl doubled over a little but it didn't seem to bother him too much. He was used to pain. He'd been through how many of these blasted games.

The man looked at him and blinked a couple times as he watched him. He glanced to the scene and glared at the death surrounding them. He saw a small boy trying to hide among the supplies, but the others were taking his shelter. The man ran off and fought the others to protect him.

Prowl watched in awe and followed to help him. He fought with him, grabbed some weapons, and a few bags as the man grabbed the boy. Prowl reminded himself that the boy's name was Raf. The child clung to the newcomer as he shook with fear and watched people die around them.

The small group found a safe place to hide and caught their breathe as they rested, slowing their breathing as fast as possible. Prowl thought about everyone that was in this place and furrowed his brow as he looked at the new man.

"You've replaced someone...." he rasped and winced a little as his side hurt. He sat down and closed his eyes as he struggled.

This place was taking a toll on him and he felt as though he would die and not come back. Every injury and mental pain was catching up to him at last. The man looked at him as he set the boy down, but the child wouldn't let go of him as he shook.

"Who wasn't there?" Prowl muttered as he closed his eyes and leaned against the tree. He felt as though his head was going to explode. It was all catching up to him. His body was in pain and he grunted quietly as he opened his eyes again. "Chromia... she was missing...." he rasped and slowly looked to the man.

"You need to rest. Where are you injured?" The man asked as he started to look him over, but didn't see anything wrong on the outside. He frowned and set a hand on his chest, making the man grunt in pain. "I didn't see you get injured..." he muttered as he tried to figure out what was wrong.

"It's not an injury... someone can fix." He winced and blood leaked from his mouth. What was happening to him? Was he actually going to die? Every fiber of his being was in pain. The pain was slowly growing.

He looked at the man for a moment and felt as though he knew him. He tried to remember but it hurt him to even think and for some reason it caused him more pain.

"I'll help you how I can." the other man said and looked to the boy for a moment before going through the supplies. He came back as he worked on getting some medicine together. Prowl gripped his arm and stared at him intently.

"What's your name?" he asked as he tried again to rack his aching brain. His vision was starting to blur and his senses were going numb. He felt he needed to know who this man was, especially if this was the last game. He actually hoped it wasn't but felt it would be. "Please... I need to know..." he coughed. He didn't understand why this was happening. The man gently set his hand over his and stared at him.

"My name is Optimus." he said gently as he watched the dying man. Prowl stared at him for a long time then gasped quietly as his eyes widened. He remembered who the man was and tears filled his eyes.

"Optimus.... Prime...." he choked as he watched the said man. Raf looked at them and furrowed his brow. That name was vaguely familiar.

"You have to.... save us... from this nightmare." Prowl rasped and gripped his arm more. "I can't... take the pain anymore... the pain of knowing... and not... being able to stop it..." he whispered and his eyes started to close.

"I can still... fight sir... but... my mind and body... have been tormented too long... I can't fight against it... it's shutting down..." he muttered as his grip loosened. "I'm.... sorry... I failed you..." he coughed and choked a little. The other man gently set a hand on his head as his other gripped his hand firmly.

"You didn't fail. You've accomplished so much." he said gently and Prowl looked at him for a moment before his eyes closed again. He sighed a little and went still as his grip loosened altogether.

Optimus watched him then hung his head in respect. A moment of silence passed before Raf looked up at him.

"W... who was he?" he asked quietly, but the man didn't look at him or move as he stayed there and listened to the cannon sound.

Optimus wanted to answer the scared child but didn't have a proper response for him. The man looked at Prowl and stared for a few minutes. He had no idea who this man was. He had never met him in his life.

Tick tock...

Tick tock...

T-

What have you done?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I still don't know if things are getting through.... hopefully this will and I can figure this out...