Girl Of Reality (Girl Of Stars Part II)

I stand against the moon, watching as the young boy and his father who seem to live there walk round to me side, hand in hand.
"Are you after that silly girl again?" The father asks, earning a snigger from his son. Both of them seemed cynical today.
"Yes. Her reality interests me. And she comes to see me every day. Why can I not see her?"
"Because she is reality. You know the rules. You are becoming frivolous and uncareful."
"Is one not allowed to dream?"
"This is no dream. You are staring reality straight in the face. When they know, they will hunt us. Have you seen the rest of their world?"
"No, but-"
"I have. It is horror. I'm surprised you managed to find a sane corner of that place. I highly suggest you do not return to it."
"But she-"
"Fine. Pass through. You will have to fight harder to be able to come back."
"I do not care."
"Then the sun may burn you." He says, turning to disappear into the rest of the moon, tugging his son along with him. I sigh, and wander round, taking my time. I am early today. But she will already be there. I know it. Perhaps I shall spend longer with her tonight. I glanced round, and spot her, sat there, staring stonily out to sea. I smile. She is as she always is, a solid rock in this slippery world. She is a soldier in my tired eyes. I step out fully, just as she looks up. I see her smile, and I smile back. I stretch and yawn, before waving. She waves back, before I mouth her a quick hello. She does not reply. She never does. I wish she would. Perhaps she cannot. I want to get closer. I glance at the moon, watching it for a moment to see how much time I have. Longer than usual. I take a wobbly step forward. I think she notices this, as she stands up, cocking her head sideways at me, like a confused dog. I smile reassuringly, or at least, I try; I fear it came out more worried than I intended.