waiting room

I never thought I'd see this room. It's full of people, mainly jocks, waiting to break a girl's heart.

Breathe in, breathe out. Watch the air mess up your hair. Waiting to break a girl's heart.

Why can't she see that me telling her shes prettier than me is not a compliment, but self detriment. Breathe in, breathe out. Watch the air mess up your hair. Waiting to break a girl's heart.

She mentions me flirting, not knowing that it's hurting. I don't want to make her cry. Why can't she see that me telling her shes prettier than me is not a compliment, but self detriment. Breathe in, breathe out. Watch the air mess up your hair. Waiting to break a girl's heart.

How do you stop
How do you stop

How do you tell her you don't want her to flirt like that when you started it.
You started it a week ago but its still your fault.

How do you stop

You can't.
Not when she means so much.
You've spent the day watching romance to get you in the mood and yet when you started talking to her everything went wrong. You never should have started conversation.  Why did you even bother trying when you knew you were going to screw up, and here she is.

I can't take this.

This waiting room is too long and it stretches out of sight. What's the point in me waiting for someone to call my name, tell me that she's ready when I'm not ready for her.

And so I stand up. Off the chair and onto the floor. Suddenly, the room snaps back into place and it's small, so small. Everyone in chairs is gone, only those standing remain. Two jocks, one outcast, and me.

We set off in opposite directions, the hols one way, the others the other. Outcast disappears into a family dinner, and I am left alone.

I face one door. I can see through it, to her. Sat on her bed smiling at her phone. It's me she's texting.

Ping

You're so perfect ahh.

No.

Yeah course you arrre. Why
me aah

Why you what

What?
Read, 12:24 today.

Done.
She frowns at her phone, turning it off.
Not done, maybe.
But delayed.
I will do anything, sit in that horrible room forever, just so I don't walk through that door.

An:
Waddup, hope you enjoyed my stupid long metaphor about falling out of love with someone and not knowing what to doooooo... Yaaaay

Anyway bye
-cats