2. Missing

You

How??? And when did this happened???

Repeatedly i kept torturing myself as i put those questions on loop.

I did asked some classmates, teachers — i even went to his parents.

But all of them would say the same damn thing:

"We don't know. He just...vanished."

No news and no clues. From what I've been told, he was last seen out and didn't come home nor reported to school for days.

At the time, i was hanging out by the field still in my gym clothes as it was the last period of the day. Which made me lazy to change back.

I was minding my own business — and that was when i saw him.

Taeyong?!?!

How is he here....???!!

He was walking casually by himself outside of the field area in a casual clothing and looking like he belonged. As if he was a student here.

What?!

Slapped myself across the face after jolting up to my feet. Grabbed my bags and sprinted fast, exiting the school field.

My feet tried to follow whenever and wherever he made a turn. And soon, i managed to caught up to him.

"Hey!"

At first he didn't made a move apart from walking away from me.

"Hey!!" I tried again. This time, i got close enough to touch his shoulder.

Surprised, he turned around and looked at me with a bewildered expression written across his face.

"Excuse me? Do i know you?" He blurted.

Eh?

Despite it, i decided to try my luck
"Taeyong?"

Nodded, he politely responded
"Yes, that's me....?" Seeming a bit confused.

"Tt...Taeyong..."

"Yes...?"

"You don't...you don't recognized me?"

Smiling a little and maintaining a polite tone of voice, he replied
"It's my first day here. So, unfortunately, I don't recognize you."

Dumbfounded, i stood there in front of him like a petrified idiot as i stared at his face hard.

"....aam i ssupposed to....?" He stuttered a bit.

Shaking my head, i tried my best to dismiss myself from the situation before I'd embarrass myself even further.

"Ah— never mind. Forget it. Sorry to bother you." I left.

A few days since i came back turned to weeks. Weeks made up a full month before it suddenly occurred to me—

"I need to go back." I told myself as the thought of returning to the so-called abandoned house.

I just needed to go check something out. Maybe lurk here and there to find some clues. Anything that'll lead me to Jungkook.

I didn't know how the hell did I remember the place. But my gut brought me back here into the house as I reluctantly stepped into the abandoned mansion.

Stupidly, i called out his name as if I'd get a response back. Since i was alone, eerily enough I didn't want a reply.

I gulped my nerves down as i forced my feet across the weak and creaky wooden floors. The surroundings were an absolute opposite from where i had stayed there.

Did it really happen? Or did i just hit my head somewhere, passed out and Jungkook got kidnapped or something during that?

"I don't know..." i found myself murmured underneath my breath as the doubt in continuing to search for him started to increase.

At the time I didn't get any further in, my chicken self only managed to get as far as where the bottom of the main staircase was. I was about to turn around and leave until-

- a familiar slender figure appeared at the corner of my eye.

There he stood all by himself inside a different room with his back facing me.

One part of me wanted to run and get the hell out of there while the other wanted to stay and find out who was this person.

It didn't take long before I realized that my legs was attempting to walk forward until my feet got caught in an arched up wooden panel and caused a massive creaking noise.

Making the figure to turn his head back and looked over his shoulder.

His piercing gaze lazered right through me-

"Taeyong???"