7. Witches

Hongjoong

I didn't exactly understood what he meant.

By this time, me, Jongho and Wooyoung were on our way in the search for (Y/n)'s lost friend. They both agreed to come with us and help out after i bribed them with a good hunt tonight.

During our search, i kept thinking what Yeosang had meant.

"A witch."

What baffled me more was his next few words;

"Be careful with her. She can be a friend...or a foe."

We took the Wrangler out into the woods. I drove, (Y/n) was sitting next to me with a frightened look on her face while the boys say behind. She was the only one with a seatbelt on.

I remember wanting to ask more but he left us too soon and, as much as i wanted to chase after him, I didn't want to make the situation any more weirder than it already is for the girl.

My guess on Yeosang's riddle was that he'd probably had mistaken the girl to be a witch. But that's immensely impossible. There could be no way that (Y/n) is a witch.

- but, then again, Kang Yeosang is never wrong.

"Ya, loOKOUT...!"

Jongho's abrupt screaming had successfully brought me back into reality as i swerve the Jeep away from an on coming trap ditch that was smacked in the middle of our way.

"You okay to drive, dude?" one of them asked.
"Yeah, yeah I'm good." refocusing on the road, i tried to push away the thought of Yeosang's words and about the possibility of the girl sitting next to me being a legitimate witch.

A witch in amidst of a few Erlkings...can make a huge catastrophe.

Actually, a witch in the immortal community - they're more likely to be shunned from appearing in public.

Yeah, we've heard of Scavengers. They were claimed to be one of the most notorious kinds. But a witch? They can be worser.

Think about it. Witches and wizards casts spells. All sorts of spells. They can be anything and anyone they want to be. They brew potions and poisons. They can fly with a dumb and ugly broomstick and turn you into a frog with a flick of a stick they called a wand.

Yunho knows more about them then the rest of us. I dare say that he has an unhealthy fascination towards this kinds of immortals.

His father once managed to kill one when he was younger, in a battle when Yunho told us that a witch tried to set his family home on fire due to provocation

His father once managed to kill one when he was younger, in a battle when Yunho told us that a witch tried to set his family home on fire due to provocation. I guess that's what had started his strange interest towards them.

"We're here." i announced, pulling up on a river whose waters would occasionally get aggressive.

Before coming here, (Y/n) had told me